Halion purge

If you have 10 tracks of Halion Sonic SE going in Cubase and want to reduce ram usage( like you can in Kontakt..)
you use Purge and update sample pool. I don't see that in Halion...where is that in Halion??
and is it possible to purge/update all the tracks of Halion at once?

I don't use HALion Sonic SE3 very often and I have gobs of RAM on my system so I'm not sure about replicating Kontakt's purge features but HALion's DDS (Dynamic Disk Streaming) features might be a helpful approach for you to explore:
Options Page
Options Page
Options Page

Also, contacting Steinberg support might help. I recently re-installed all of my Steinberg stuff on another system and probably would still be cussin' if it wasn't for the counter-FAQ advice they gave me that worked. If you can navigate the labyrinth on the website to contact a support person, my recent experience is that they'll hang in there with you. It was not an instantaneous process but the back-and-forth was fruitful. You can submit a support ticket here:
HALionOne Overview – Steinberg Support

Good luck!

Paj
8^)

I have seen the options menus. Maybe that's all there is. I hope Steinberg updates that issue with a new gui
sometime.
btw. I have Sonic se and the libraries that come with it. Limited. But I would like to use Sonic as a standalone app too.
But its not in my launchpad. How do I get the stand alone version going on my Mac??

I use a PC so I'm not sure this applies to the Mac but I think the installer had a checkbox for the standalone.

Paj
8^)

I came across this (6 free HALion/Sonic3SE Lite-version synths):

Two of the full versions can be had on-sale or at a reduced price. Now on sale (70% off):
At a reduced price (up to 80% off) if you have "Rewards" credits:

Paj
8^)
Tell me, are these devices defective or new?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "defective or new." The intro/lite versions appear to have some features disabled (e.g., Osc 2) so they can't be completely tweaked and, I'm guessing, a reduced set of patches/sound sources. Pad Motion 3.0 is a rather extensive synth with access to a lot of parameters and has a full plate of capabilities---more than most, actually. CRE8 isn't as extensive but it still is a full soft-synth library. Those are the two full versions that I have experience with. You can check them all out on the Sample Fuel website:
Synth | Sample Fuel

Paj
8^)

Back