Free: Zampler + 6 Sound Banks

Paj

It's not Kontakt, Structure, Aria, Wusik, et. al., but its simple features are straight-forward, it definitely serves as well or better than some of the dedicated VST romplers you come across, and it has a few tricks of its own---and it can load and use sfz and REX files (even auto-slicing the latter). I did come across a number of notable patches. Here's how you can get this freebie with six free and legal sound banks.

(1)
Plugs & Samples.com – Subscribe and own your synths

Scroll down to this message:

PREFER A SNEAK PEEK BEFORE SUBSCRIBING?
Just register and get your 4.5 GB welcome package right away. Including our Zampler//RX workstation plus four expansions. For free, no strings attached.
REGISTER FOR FREE

Register. Once you register you'll be taken to a subscription page. You do not need to subscribe. Click on "My Account" and you will be presented with a link for the download---a RAR file containing Zampler and 4 free sound banks.

(2)
Zampler, Free Sampler plugin, Download Zampler plugin, Free Plugin Boutique vst plugins

If you don't have a PluginBoutique account, you'll have "Sign Up" to create one. Once you have an account, log in and you'll be able to use the link above to add Zampler + 2 Sound Banks to your download area and you will be automatically directed to it. Note that you should select the Windows or Mac button to download the correct version.

(3)
After you extract/unzip the archives, you'll have soundbank folders and installation folders. The extracted sound bank folders take up about 20GB and can go anywhere you want. I just created a [Zampler] folder for them on an external HD. One of Zampler DLL files (32- or 64-bit) gets placed where you usually place your VST dll files (e.g., C:\Program Files\VSTplugins). It's now ready to use in your DAW.

FWIW, the PluginBoutique sound banks are minimal (about thirty patches each), one sound bank being almost exclusively drum kits. The four Beat sound banks have more and more varied patches.

Have fun and be safe,
Paj
8^)

Last edited:
Two more Zampler freebies (Sonic Wave & E-lec-tro) from CHE/Sonic Sirius (~146 patches):
Misc

Download link page: The blue rectangle labeled "DOWNLOAD (67.89MB)" is the only link you want (everything else is click-bait):
- Synapse Audio

Paj
8^)

FWIW: I should mention that, for the next 13 days, VSTbuzz has a deal for ~$33 on 72 Zampler expansions. If you're using/enjoying Zampler, this deal is hard to beat. Even if you got all 19 of the freebies mentioned above, you'd still end up with over 50 more expansions from this deal (over 4000 presets).
96% off "Zampler Bundle" by Zampler

Paj
8^)

If you purchased the Zampler Bundle (previous post) from VST Buzz, an update is available on the Pulse downloader. Two libraries that were missing from my original download, Emulator and Fat Fatty, are now included. As far as I can tell, this updated download includes every library for sale on the Zampler Sounds website except Analog Warrior---and that library looks like it is selected patches from a few of the other libraries. The update also includes some duplicate libraries with slight variations in the folder names. Those libraries are easy to spot. What is more difficult is the fact that some Zampler libraries use the secondary title on the virtual packaging instead of the primary title (e.g., the Voxifyr library extracts as Cutting Edge Vox). You can always go to the Zampler Sounds website to help you identify a library by its purchasing name or, even easier: Use the link in the previous post (or the one below) to go to the expired bundle deal where all the libraries are displayed in detail (very nice feature of VST Buzz).
96% off "Zampler Bundle" by Zampler
ZamplerSounds

Another issue you might run into is that Pulse may display error messages near the end of its torturous download. My experience with this is that just redoing the download and install will result in success but, although simple, it can be time consuming (I did it as a walk-away-and-return-later).

Paj
8^)

I just noticed that there is a 1.2 Pulse update for the Zampler Bundle deal.

Paj
8^)

Back