Electric to acoustic guitar IR VST?

YanKleber

Retired
I was wondering if someone has already bothered to make an IR plugin out there to model electric guitar sound into acoustic guitar?

It would save me some cash, labor and headache to install a piezo pickup on my 175...

:guitar:

The ones I heard sound like ... an electric guitar trying to imitate an acoustic guitar ... Use the right tool for the right result! A piezo on a semi-hollow guitar still doesn't sound like a miked acoustic.

Amplitube 4 includes an acoustic simulator pedal. It does a mediocre job, which is just as good as any simulators I've heard. It's a tough thing to emulate, which is why I still use an actual acoustic when needed. I compose with the electric through the sim pedal though, for ease.

A properly installed bridge piezo is going to sound just about the same in an solid bodied guitar as in a semi-hollow as in an acoustic. That is to say, it's going to sound like shit either way, but if that's the sound you're going for, you don't really need a simulator. ;)

Even a cheap 100 dollar acoustic recorded with a cheap mic, recorded badly, will sound better than any electric/ acoustic sim.

Even a cheap 100 dollar acoustic recorded with a cheap mic, recorded badly, will sound better than any electric/ acoustic sim.
Well, some folks use acoustic guitars like tamborines, and all they want is that zingy clicky-clacky pick attack for which piezos are actually ideal. Doesn't take much to fake that.

Back