Drum Sampler packs

Vigo

So i was wondering which one was good for its price im looking for like 20-100$ sampler i know theres nice samplers like SSdrums and such I was just wondering what you guys experienced with good and bad samplers

thx

I've searched for drum sounds for a while, and the raw wav files are out there, you have to dig for them. I use the search bar @ KVR a lot. There's a Hawaiian music studio website (can't remember name) that's got some killer Yamaha drum samples, but you have to load them into a sample player. Huge download; took me hours to get them all. There's mapping for sfz, but I didn't bother with that. My sfz player (Plogue Aria) is a little wonky. It eats up a lot of my proc speed, so I record the output to a track and save the horsepower for mixdowns.

Drumcore Free has Gary Thompson's Ludwig kit, a bunch of MIDI files, and some percussion sounds (congas, bongos, maracas etc). Can't add files (MIDI or wav) to it, but you can use it to play back sounds. Pretty fat sounding, sort of 90's attitude. Easy for demos.

Last edited:
I just remembered DrumMic'a... the Sennheiser German language website has a killer freeware virtual drum kit that loads in Kontakt.

Switchable mics from Sennheiser and Neumann, mixing board, MIDI grooves, and a really crisp sound. You'll need at least the freeware Kontakt player to load it, which they also link to.

The webpage and activation emails are also in German, so auto-translate and keep a tab open for Google Translate.

Don't freak. Once you load it in your DAW, there's an English-language option so you can work with it.

DrumMic'a! - Drum mic, Percussion mic - Schlagzeug Mikrofon - Sennheiser

Back