Beware of Waves software!

GeorgeJefferson

I purchased Waves Diamond for $349 about 3 1/2 years ago. When my motherboard failed, I replaced it and I was given a new Windows product key (no charge from Microsoft by the way). I wound up having to "recover" my Waves license. As it turned out, the motherboard that I bought was a lemon, so I just decided to get a new computer, and once again I was prompted to "recover" my waves license. Then guess what Waves told me? I can only "recover" a license ONCE PER YEAR and in order to use Waves Diamond before June 14th, 2019 I have to PAY Waves $170 in order to get "covered" by Waves' "update plan". How convenient!!!!!!!!!!

I own all kinds of other software (plugs, synths, etc). None pull this crap. NONE! Needless to say I am done with Waves. Will never purchase anything from this company ever again.

I purchased Waves Diamond for $349 about 3 1/2 years ago. When my motherboard failed, I replaced it and I was given a new Windows product key (no charge from Microsoft by the way). I wound up having to "recover" my Waves license. As it turned out, the motherboard that I bought was a lemon, so I just decided to get a new computer, and once again I was prompted to "recover" my waves license. Then guess what Waves told me? I can only "recover" a license ONCE PER YEAR and in order to use Waves Diamond before June 14th, 2019 I have to PAY Waves $170 in order to get "covered" by Waves' "update plan". How convenient!!!!!!!!!!

I own all kinds of other software (plugs, synths, etc). None pull this crap. NONE! Needless to say I am done with Waves. Will never purchase anything from this company ever again.

Did you contact Waves support? Seems they would make an exception in your case. I have never personally had issue with their support. I would suggest approaching them nicely with your situation and talking to an actual person.

I also do not subscribe to their update plan. I purchase what I need (which is two plugs) and the licenses are on a flash drive.

I also do not subscribe to their update plan. I purchase what I need (which is two plugs) and the licenses are on a flash drive.

Bingo! we have a winner...make note to self ...flash drive not hard drive and multiple copies in multiple locations for the win...

Yep, I store mine on a flash drive as well.

Just a word to the wise for future use. The licence is a really small amount of data as well so if you have an older smaller capacity flash drive toss them on that.

Back