Any Reason to Upgrade from ReaEQ?

dudernut

Greetings,

I've been using Reaper for a few years now, and I've used the included ReaEQ somewhere in the mix on virtually every project....it's a great tool! However, lately I've been trying to up my plugin game by collecting some decent packs as well as some freebie VSTs. But, I think the only Parametric EQ I have is still ReaEQ, unless someone can direct me to one in Native Instruments Komplete 10 (not the ultimate version). A lot of people swear by FabFilter's Pro Q...and it really does look nice! Is it worth the price tag? Or does anyone else have another suggestion? Or should I just stick with ReaEQ? It has served me well, but I'm at a point with my setup and skill level where I'm trying to layer in more options and professional tools. Any input?

Is there something that ReaEQ doesn't do that you want? Can't imagine what it might be, unless you want it distort like some piece of analog gear. It's all I ever use for any kind of filter duties. I can get distortion elsewhere.

Is there something that ReaEQ doesn't do that you want? Can't imagine what it might be, unless you want it distort like some piece of analog gear. It's all I ever use for any kind of filter duties. I can get distortion elsewhere.

Eh, there's not really anything I expect out of EQ that ReaEQ doesn't provide I guess. Of course, it's pretty much all I know. I also used Steinberg's stock EQ a few years back, but I think Reaper's has a bit of a smoother interface. I guess I'm just not sure if there's useful features I might be missing out on by only using a stock EQ.

Depends on what you want, there are some nice alternatives out there.
I basically use the channel Eq in Logic all the time myself as well, when mixing in a daw.
But sometimes it's just fun to try something with some extra color, Like the slick eq by Tokio dawn labs (it's free)
Or the luftikus (Maag eq copy) is quite neet for mixbus duties.

I use ReaEq because it comes with Reaper and it works. It doesn't do anything that you wouldn't want an EQ to do, and conversely, does everything you would expect an EQ to do.

Back