Any free, Leslie speaker effects out there....

Oh! Have you tried the Vibratone effect in the Fender Champ? The Vibratone is a Fender designed Leslie speaker. There is: Vibratone 1 - Rotating Baffle, Slow; and Vibratone 2 - Rotating Baffle, Fast.

Holy crap! Yes, I see it.:eek:

HAHA!. Man, I just never ever used any effects on the Fender. I forgot to even look at that. I always add effects later. I'll try it out later. It would be funny if that's exactly what I'm looking for and it's been sitting here under my nose the whole time.

You're the man, Fishy. :cool:

Just tried it quickly. Looks like the "Vibratone 2 - Rotating Baffle, Fast" is pretty much what I'm looking for.

Now the question is do I want to "print" the effect by using the amp's effect, or do I want to have the option of changing/getting rid of it by using a plug-in.

Decisions, decisions.......First Word Problems!!!!!!! :D

Just tried it quickly. Looks like the "Vibratone 2 - Rotating Baffle, Fast" is pretty much what I'm looking for.

Now the question is do I want to "print" the effect by using the amp's effect, or do I want to have the option of changing/getting rid of it by using a plug-in.

Decisions, decisions.......First Word Problems!!!!!!! :D

Yeah, print it for sure. Commit (sorta).

You typically re-amp as I understand it so while it might be a pain in the ass to have to go back to it later if you find you need to, just keep your dry track handy somewhere "just in case". I have a very strong feeling that you would not likely need to go back to the the dry track and you will be happy with what you (pseudo) committed to.

Just snap a pic of the rest of the amp settings and mic position in case you need to re-create the tone to tweak it. Throw back to recall sheets (kinda)!

Options kind of suck. I am so much happier having left amp sims behind. Now I wish I didn't pour so many hours into trying to get them to sound like a real amp, when I just could have bought a real amp. Sims being "easier" is such a misnomer when applied to how I work. I find a real amp to be so much easier, faster and better sounding than any sims I have tried that it makes my head spin.

Oh... and the option to remove the effect, can you just do two passes, one with the effect on and one with it off? Actually if you do this, you will still have the option of using the non-effected track to play with other Leslie plug in options later. Win-win.

I also haven't experimented with the amp effects at all (though I should). There is also the whole 'Fuse software' thing that I haven't looked at yet. This thing is a beast and it sounds so good.

Yeah, print it for sure. Commit (sorta).

You typically re-amp as I understand it so while it might be a pain in the ass to have to go back to it later if you find you need to, just keep your dry track handy somewhere "just in case". I have a very strong feeling that you would not likely need to go back to the the dry track and you will be happy with what you (pseudo) committed to.

Just snap a pic of the rest of the amp settings and mic position in case you need to re-create the tone to tweak it. Throw back to recall sheets (kinda)!

Options kind of suck. I am so much happier having left amp sims behind. Now I wish I didn't pour so many hours into trying to get them to sound like a real amp, when I just could have bought a real amp. Sims being "easier" is such a misnomer when applied to how I work. I find a real amp to be so much easier, faster and better sounding than any sims I have tried that it makes my head spin.

Oh... and the option to remove the effect, can you just do two passes, one with the effect on and one with it off? Actually if you do this, you will still have the option of using the non-effected track to play with other Leslie plug in options later. Win-win.

I also haven't experimented with the amp effects at all (though I should). There is also the whole 'Fuse software' thing that I haven't looked at yet. This thing is a beast and it sounds so good.
Stop making so much sense man.

You're 100% right. I can do all those things. Re-amp one with and one without the effect.

I never got into the whole FUSE thing. Speaking of options, that's just too many. Just give me a good amp sound and I'll have enough to worry about.

I just mentioned this in reference to a Leslie sim elsewhere not long ago, but I'll say it again - Waves MondoMod works great, and very simple/intuitive interface. Does the job exactly as needed.....

Waves GTR Chorus also does a Leslie type thing

Back