Amplitube registration problems?

spantini

COO of me, inc.
On several forums I've seen people having difficulty registering their products. At one point a problem on Amplitube's end was at fault and was corrected, but there are many more customers who have had much difficulty registering.

Is this due to people not following the exact steps in the procedure? Or is it just a PITA to register?

Looks like a slightly more complicated procedure anyway with having to download an Authorization Manager first, then that's supposed to handle all the installation stuff when you get going.

Comments anyone?

I haven't had to register any in the last year or so but my previous experience was not problematic. I rarely use their stuff anymore since they went to the newer system where you have the whole custom shop and get constant reminders of not having this or that plugin so the preset you chose wont sound the way it's supposed to. Just annoys me. If you are planning on getting the complete collection this is obviously not a concern. I don't know if they have changed the process since then though, sorry.

Thanks.

Don't have any of their products yet. I've been planning on getting their Fender Collection for use in Reaper, but nothing else for the foreseeable future.

Custom Shop is a PITA but IK seems to be doing a better job with the plugins themselves. I began to avoid using SampleTank and my T-Racks stuff because of repeated re-authorization issues. For a lark, I just opened a few in Reaper and they ran fine. I don't ever recall having to re-authorize Amplitude and have no complaints against it but, truth be told, I can't remember the last time I used it. I now mostly use hardware, Guitar Rig, and some Plug'N'Mix sims that just seem to work for me, and, more and more, I'm farming out routine rhythm tracks to VIs.

I've always found the IK user account area to be convenient and designed to make reauthorizations quick on their end.

Paj
8^)

Well, I was watching a movie this evening and felt pretty good afterward and the thought hit me to get up and order the Amplitube Fender Collection - so I did it.

I got lucky, too. When I got onto their site they had it marked down from $99 to $69.. and after I DL'd and installed everything I discovered they had thrown in a whole bunch of freebies (besides the Custom Shop thingie). Massive amounts of plugins (mostly related to mastering) - more than I'll be able to experiment with in my lifetime. I'm going to be way busy enough just playing with the thousands of amp/cab/mic combos.

Here's the included freebies : IK Multimedia. Musicians First.

Though overly complicated, the purchase and registration process went smoothly. But this doesn't get you the product itself. Maybe it was my speed reading that caused me to miss something, but I didn't see clear instructions on how to actually get the product and install it. The registration got me most of the documents required, but no plugins. So I returned to their site, logged in, and checked my account. Well, that was all it took as there were all the products listed along with their download buttons. So I DL'd the Fender Collection (only) to start, leaving the rest for later.

From here the actual installation was a breeze. I didn't have to designate any special folder or path, the wizard put everything in all the right places - and then some. I opened Reaper, added a track, clicked FX.. ADD.. Amplitube.. and there it was.

I'm too tired to play with it tonight so I'll tinker with it tomorrow sometime.

A cool thing is, it's got some really nice mic versions I can also use for my vocal. That alone will save me hundreds.

Back