Ample Guitars

seeking

Hi.

Just a quick question: does anybody have Ampel guitar AME v.3 and can happily load 3-4 instant of this guitar in Cubese Pro 10.5...?

Thanks
-einar-

A little typo error there, ment of course Ample guitars. I think most readers got that ;-)

-einar-

no problem, but still haven't heard of it. :D Never seen it mentioned in the forums before.

The number of iterations of a plug-in depends mostly on the processing power of your computer, not the DAW that hosts it.
Sample based plugs need ram. Calculating plugs, like reverb, guitar sims, etc, need CPU power.

Are you having problems with Ample?

no problem, but still haven't heard of it. :D Never seen it mentioned in the forums before.

The number of iterations of a plug-in depends mostly on the processing power of your computer, not the DAW that hosts it.
Sample based plugs need ram. Calculating plugs, like reverb, guitar sims, etc, need CPU power.

Are you having problems with Ample?

Yepp. I had the ample metal eclipse 2 and it worked just fine. Then they upgraded it to V.3 with its own amp sim, and everything went bad from there on.
Loading 2+ instants o f this guitar (for short AME 3) freezes the DAW.
Even had a teamviewer session(i was at work, gave them access over mail) and they did manage to get two instance of AME 3 to work, but the "progress-line" jumped, like lagging.
Funny part: I had artists 9,5 and there first answer was to upgrade to cubase pro. So I did. no help. When I first startet testing this out, still on artist 9,5 I downloaded reaper, and there I could open 5-6 instans of AME 3 with cpu hardly working.
My fairly new daw: i7 9700k, 16GB ram, 1,5TB SSD drives and Roland duo capture soundcard.

I dont think I`ll ever get to the root of this problem. Maybe if i get some free time at work, in these corona times, i could have a "at home session" with the ample guys. Horrible time differences: I have to do it early,early in the morning(afternoon for the ample guys)

cheers
-einar-

Wow, it's cool they remoted into your PC to help. That is good customer service.

Weird you get more instances with Reaper than Cubase. I run Artist 10 and don't have any problems like that. But I might go load up an earlier version and see if there are limitations with 10.

Sorry, can't help ya.

Back