Ampeg SVX Plug In

DinoRock

Anyone have experience with IK Mulyimedia's Ampeg SVX Software Suite (Bass Amp Simulator)? I'm curious as to the quality of the amp and cabinet simulations, esp the 1) B-15 and 2) SVT w 8x10 cab. FWIW, I use S1 v2 Pro.

I have the plug, but no direct comparison to the real thing. I get the tones I want and feel they are close to what I hear on songs using the real thing. Hope that helps.

I have the plug, but the only Ampeg bass amp I have is the Micro-CL. That thing sounds great to me, and I've used it to record a good bit, but the plug sounds amazing to me as well, and I use it a lot too---especially when I can't wake the kids. If you're interested, I used it on this tune with a P-bass:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...ing-clinic/new-ballad-when-youre-here-381604/

I think it was the B-15 model, but I can't remember for sure--either that or the SVT though, definitely.

Yes and sad to say it doesn't nail the real thing, but it's not bad by comparison.

I've checked the classic w the 8x10 fridge against the real thing.

TBH I think the cab emulation is where it falls short, just something about air being moved that can't be emulated that well.

Back