Acoustic guitar modeller?

mcmac74

Can anyone recommend a vst (preferably ffree) that will assist in making an acoustic guitar recorded via direct line in sound more authentic? (As in mic recorded) I'm playing around with eq, effects and even some mastering effects but it would be handy to have another tool in the box. Home life makes my chances to record with mics minimal!

Mark

Quicky search came up with this;
Maserati ACG Acoustic Guitar Plugin | Waves
Haven't tried it, and don't use Wave (except for an old L2 :>) and not sure on what 'gotcha's the Wave plugs systems might have.

Next, based on my very good experience with Fishman's Aura pedal which is pricey. Used (or returned in this one) perhaps.
Fishman Aura Spectrum DI | Reverb
I'm considering their 'on board kit as well.

Saw one mention that IR's can work well so maybe another ave to check out..

Also to add; Fishman system may indeed be whole sets of IRs in a box. Just to say I'd guess maybe 20%(?) worked well for my acoustic -without odd tones and partially 'dead areas up and down the neck. So not a trivial thing to do well apparently.

Last edited:
Thanks...I'm not going down the line of sims using midi just yet...trying out some transient shapers and had some moderate success but I suspect I'll still be holding out for those occasional windows when the mics can come out without the harmonies of babies screaming and children yelping for accompaniments.

I've been really enjoying bias amp since I found it by positive grid though not free I've felt it came in really hand tracking acoustics. They have guitar tone matching by using a wav file or using an actual amp. I've also have been finding a great deal of free VST's that put some of the ones I've actually bought to shame.

I've been really enjoying bias amp since I found it by positive grid though not free I've felt it came in really hand tracking acoustics. They have guitar tone matching by using a wav file or using an actual amp. I've also have been finding a great deal of free VST's that put some of the ones I've actually bought to shame.

Thanks..I'll have a look ?

Back