Ableton strings pack OR Eastwest Silver?

chazmusic

Hello

I'm looking for some strings mainly as background harmony to guitar based songs, but at times also for film music. I've played around for a while mixing free strings samples with soft pads, to get a richer texture, and so forth using other sound techniques, but need to up the ante just a little. I'm happy to get a well produced sample and work with it at a different pitch (worse case scenario! - no more than a tone or two up/down), as long as the original sound file is quality and is workable as it were. But really, I would prefer a quality sample of every note.

So, I'm honing in on the Ableton Strings pack (I use Ableton) but also the cheapest Eastwest package (silver). Has anyone compared these or had any experience with them? For me the Ableton pack would be convenient. Their prices are currently very similar.

Thanks for any ideas or feedback

Charlie

I have the string pack, I would say for the price, it will do. I've not tried the Eastwest.

I think to get a really great string section, the price goes way up. Usually gigs of samples are required. I think a good string VSTi is really hard to get at a low price.

Back