Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: whats your 2020 setup?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by notCardio View Post
    TAE -

20x20? Lucky bastard.

LOL I decided the group didn't need to know my life story so I "trimmed " my post.... So to clarify in my pre trimmed post I noted I have a 20 x 20 room that is mine to use as I wish...and yet...it's been more of a storage room than a jam room...that is changing...Yeah I am a dumbass lucky mofo with regards to the fact that the wife didn't kill me when I wanted to add on a Jam room 20 years ago...guess she figured it would keep me home

embarrassing I haven't made better use of it but chasing that carrot to pay the bills and get the kids through college and married off kind of took up the first 10 years...I got nuthin but shame that the last 10 have not been better utilized....

That said...I have today and no excuses ... Health wise the last two years have kicked my butt ...some serious skin cancer shit with 3 big ass surgeries, 35 rounds of radiation and immunotherapy...pretty scarred up but I'm just not going to let it drag me down ...Musically I'm still burning and hopefully that record button starts getting pressed soon again...I'm ready, willing and able!

I always wanted a Delta 1010, but then I don't know why. I guess I always thought I was going to get out and record other people, or set up a space to have others in. Never happened
    Likewise I got it so I could do a live band recording...ended up never using more than 6 at a time and that was only a few times..

Now that xr18 I'll probably not use anymore that 6 either but it's there for me if I need em...So cool that it is both a awesome interface with a TON of plugs and effects and a really powerful mixer for live events...I was sold when I was in Vegas watching a cover band use it...damn sweet box...
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    Now that xr18 I'll probably not use anymore that 6 either but it's there for me if I need em...So cool that it is both a awesome interface with a TON of plugs and effects and a really powerful mixer for live events...I was sold when I was in Vegas watching a cover band use it...damn sweet box...

I have the XR18 as well. It is really great at what it does. I use it for all my cover band gigs. Last fall our lead singer traded free auto repair for a free video session with a professional videographer. He made a promo video for us, but also gave me all the footage.

Shameless plug, but these videos were recorded with the XR18.
    YouTube

Thanks
    TAE

Don't think you've got the market cornered on shame.

Kinda like Seeger said - "20 years, where'd they go? 20 years, I don't know. I sit and wonder sometimes where they've gone.'
    "One thing led to another and, before we knew it, we were dead." --Michael O'Donoghue

Thanks
    My mom always said 'you can do whatever you want with YOUR house when you have one."

She forgot to add 'as long as it's OK with your wife'.

Kind of an important part to leave out, as it turns out.
    "One thing led to another and, before we knew it, we were dead." --Michael O'Donoghue

Thanks
    TAE

Tried to send you a PM. You're full.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by notCardio View Post
    TAE

Tried to send you a PM. You're full.
    Fixed dude!

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    I have the XR18 as well. It is really great at what it does. I use it for all my cover band gigs. Last fall our lead singer traded free auto repair for a free video session with a professional videographer. He made a promo video for us, but also gave me all the footage.

Shameless plug, but these videos were recorded with the XR18.
    YouTube

Hmmm? Seems like maybe you learned a few things here at HR.com Good job on the mixes ...Knowing the real history of digital recording from it's earliest iterations...the XR18 and the value that it is as a swiss army combo of 16 track mixer and recording interface with really nice preamps is an incredible wonderful advancement. I still have a long way to mastering it but the reaper and berry communities make it so easy to get answers... just very happy I own one...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    Hmmm? Seems like maybe you learned a few things here at HR.com Good job on the mixes ...Knowing the real history of digital recording from it's earliest iterations...the XR18 and the value that it is as a swiss army combo of 16 track mixer and recording interface with really nice preamps is an incredible wonderful advancement. I still have a long way to mastering it but the reaper and berry communities make it so easy to get answers... just very happy I own one...

Indeed. It really is incredible the resources we have these days. I bought that XR18 from a guy who was moving and desperate to sell off his stuff. The mixer and two 15" mains for $400. lol

For that gig, I got a mix set with the ipad out in the audience then just used it for switching effects on/off in between songs. Used my laptop to record... 16 channels for a 4 hour gig, not one problem. It just kept chugging away.

The lights were the only thing I am disappointed with. No one else wanted to run the lights and I was pretty busy with audio, so I just set them to sound activated. They look like cheesy disco/DJ lights. Oh well.

Thanks for the nice words.

Thanks
    So is that you on bass?

Thanks
    yep, that's me. Old fat ugly guy. It's the ugly that really slows me down.

Thread Information