Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: whats your 2020 setup?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    2020?

2020?

It's freakin' 2020??????

Man, that some killer weed!

"One thing led to another and, before we knew it, we were dead." --Michael O'Donoghue

Thanks
    Well, it wasn't really a plan and more like an impulse buy but I just picked up an eleven rack today. My toneport died so I wanted something for direct recording and silent guitar playing and the opportunity presented itself to acquire one in excellent shape for cheap ($100).
    My home studio ---> www.nerolstudio.com

Thanks
    No, man. He said 2020 set up.

Show me your 20/20 . Or show me the money / money.

20200229_021103-jpg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitargodgt View Post
    Well, it wasn't really a plan and more like an impulse buy but I just picked up an eleven rack today. My toneport died so I wanted something for direct recording and silent guitar playing and the opportunity presented itself to acquire one in excellent shape for cheap ($100).
    Sound on Sound-2009
    The Digidesign Eleven Rack will be available very soon, and will cost around 899.
    AVID +44 (0)1753 655999

Reading ... its a Full Interface with Pro Tools, does it work with Reaper and others?
    Mic Preamp for Vocals and micing instruments....nice.
    DI with True-Z impedance in addition to other stuff....the DI alone can cost $100+
    that's a lot of gear in the box.

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    Sound on Sound-2009
    The Digidesign Eleven Rack will be available very soon, and will cost around 899.
    AVID +44 (0)1753 655999

Reading ... its a Full Interface with Pro Tools, does it work with Reaper and others?
    Mic Preamp for Vocals and micing instruments....nice.
    DI with True-Z impedance in addition to other stuff....the DI alone can cost $100+
    that's a lot of gear in the box.
    Things I've figured out in 24 hours:

1. Yep, works with whatever. (cubase reaper etc...) Has Asio driver support.
    2. Given I bought it used, I didn't get pro tools. That's totally fine with me because I wouldn't use it anyway. I imagine that played into the price though.
    3. Yeah the price was totally worth it IMO however...
    4. The fx options in this unit (the distortions, modulations, delays, and reverbs) kind of suck but...
    5. Unlike other guitar units this one actually takes pedals really well and the the stereo FX send and return can be moved around in the FX chain. I connected a stereo chorus and stereo reverb into the fx loop and it was pretty dang good.
    6. The amp simulation is actually pretty good for a 9 year old device. I was honestly surprised, I just picked this up for scratch tracks but it might make it onto some recordings when it comes to clean tones.
    7. The noise gate is 100% trash. Running an ISP decimator out front is considerably better.
    8. If you ever consider buying one make sure it has firmware version 2 at minimum. Older versions actually cost money to upgrade and the upgrade adds functionality (additional amps etc...)

I'm actually running it via S/Pdif into my audio interface. I only have the USB port connected to use the control software as it's easier than menu diving on the device itself.
    My home studio ---> www.nerolstudio.com

Thanks
    2020 has me finally up and running with my "Mobile Vocal Recording Rig". Sort of expensive to build from scratch, but I already had most of the pieces from various other things, so it wasn't so bad... and it allows me to record vocals anywhere whenever the need arises! The main reason for having this setup in place was due to having a 5 year old at home, and being unable to record vocals at all hours of the night in my dedicated music space like I used to pre-child. Setup consists of the following: MXL Condenser Microphone into a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 powered by a Pedaltrain Volto 3 Analog 9-volt Rechargeable Power Supply recorded using a Tascam DR-10X Plug-On Linear PCM Digital Audio Recorder for XLR Microphones. Using my Android Phone running n-Track Studio with an Instrumental Backing Track & Melody Track for monitoring through headphones. You could of course power the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 using a standard Guitar 9v Power Supply, or skip it altogether if you were using a non-Condenser microphone and did not require phantom power... but I like my Condenser mic and wanted a simple, portable, self contained solution for phantom powered recording and this did the trick. Just velcro it all together to a 2x4 with a mini mic stand and you're good to go anywhere!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujn Hunter View Post
    2020 has me finally up and running with my "Mobile Vocal Recording Rig". Sort of expensive to build from scratch, but I already had most of the pieces from various other things, so it wasn't so bad... and it allows me to record vocals anywhere whenever the need arises! The main reason for having this setup in place was due to having a 5 year old at home, and being unable to record vocals at all hours of the night in my dedicated music space like I used to pre-child. Setup consists of the following: MXL Condenser Microphone into a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 powered by a Pedaltrain Volto 3 Analog 9-volt Rechargeable Power Supply recorded using a Tascam DR-10X Plug-On Linear PCM Digital Audio Recorder for XLR Microphones. Using my Android Phone running n-Track Studio with an Instrumental Backing Track & Melody Track for monitoring through headphones. You could of course power the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 using a standard Guitar 9v Power Supply, or skip it altogether if you were using a non-Condenser microphone and did not require phantom power... but I like my Condenser mic and wanted a simple, portable, self contained solution for phantom powered recording and this did the trick. Just velcro it all together to a 2x4 with a mini mic stand and you're good to go anywhere!
    Which MXL mic?
    "One thing led to another and, before we knew it, we were dead." --Michael O'Donoghue

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by notCardio View Post
    Which MXL mic?
    Currently an MXL 440, but I also have a really cheap ($17 cheap) Chinese Excelvan BM-800 which works in a pinch as well.

Thread Information