whats the best rack tuner for the money?

Everyone that I know has been using the Korg rackmount tuners for the last 15 or 20 years. They seem to be the big boys on the block.

id prefer it to be rackmountable cause i spent so much on my 8 space rack case and its only 6 units filled so far, and i dont wana have to hold a pedal around. i originally had a 12 pedal chain set up that included everything you could think of but it was too much of a hasle even with the boss bcb case. so i sold it andnow im tyring to go completely rack mountable.

i heard and have seen the korg tuners everywhere and from everyone, so i figured thats what id do, but id love to not spend $170+ tax/shipping to get a tuner

does anyone know about that behringer rackmoutned one? is it any good?

if you can bear the shame of having 'behri' next to some of your other gear, then i suppose it will be ok for a few months before it dies. ;)

cubanorocker316 said:
does anyone know about that behringer rackmoutned one? is it any good?

that'll do fine, dude.

- Lou[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest staying away from that one. I'm not a Behri basher in fact, I'm of the mind that if it works it works. My son bought me that unit for Christmas. At first glance it was pretty nice. Looks good easy to use and has some nice features. I found that all in all it worked but when I turned up the gain on my amp, it maide a lot of noise. A high pitched whining sound. Ultimately, this unit is going back.

The best tuner for the $$$ isn't rack-mountable.

It's a Peterson VSII Strobotuner.

Back