what will I need to sync in this setup

shred_head

i have a motu 2408mk2 coming in the mail,
and I already have a presonus firepod, (which has 8 preamp analog outs), and i need 16 channels so i was thinking the maudio octane.

so I would hook the firepod into the 2408's analog ins,
then I would hook the octane to the 2408 via adat.

will the firepod and the octane inputs be in sync?
will i have to hook up the word clock cables to the octane and 2408 for any reason?
how does the wordclock work, all instructions online seem to be based on using a separate wordclock device altogether..nothing about using the internal clocks of devices.

thanks

i have a motu 2408mk2 coming in the mail,
and I already have a presonus firepod, (which has 8 preamp analog outs), and i need 16 channels so i was thinking the maudio octane.

so I would hook the firepod into the 2408's analog ins,
then I would hook the octane to the 2408 via adat.

will the firepod and the octane inputs be in sync?
will i have to hook up the word clock cables to the octane and 2408 for any reason?
how does the wordclock work, all instructions online seem to be based on using a separate wordclock device altogether..nothing about using the internal clocks of devices.

thanks
Use the clock on the MOTU (Master)... set the Octane clock to external (Slave), it'll pick it up off the ADAT in. Nothing else needed...

do i have to do some terminating or something?to make something slave,or its just the setting on there
You should be all set with setting the master/slave on both devices... the only time you ever need to physically terminate is on word clock... and I can't remember the last device I owned that actually required a terminator... I believe it was a vintage Akai sampler (and it worked without it)

Back