What kind of pedal do I need for Deltalab Effectron?

Gakis404

Hi everyone. I just picked up a Deltalab Effectron II ADM 1020, don’t have it in hand yet, but it’s being shipped. On the back it has 2 jacks, one for “bypass” and one for “repeat”.

From what I’ve read, the repeat is to do something called “infinite repeat”. I don’t have much experience with pedals and was wondering if anyone knew what kind of pedal I need to switch this on and off.

I’m also wondering if anyone knows what the “infinite repeat” sounds like. Is it like a loop station? Or does it just simply control the feedback knob on the front, but through a pedal.

Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Without a manual this is pretty much anyone's guess. Do you know anyone with a boss fsu-5? That would be my my first try, but tbh IDK.

Also, searching for high res photos of this unit was interesting. Apparently nobody with this thing owns a camera capable of taking a photo larger than 500 pixels.

Thanks for the reply, I tried to post a link to the catalog but since this is my first time posting, it won’t let me post a link. The catalog is the closest thing I can find to a manual, it does show the original pedal that went the unit as well as a decent diagram of the unit itself, but as someone who doesn’t have much experience with pedals, it doesn’t help me much. I don’t think I know anyone with an FS-U 5 but I’ll ask around.

If u Google “preservation sound Effectron catalog” it pops up as a pdf, just Incase anyone’s interested. It’s a cool little blast from the past.

Also, I made a mistake in my original post, I’m getting the Effectron 1, not 2. The Effectron 2 has a button for infinite repeat, whereas the 1 just has a jack in the rear labeled “repeat” for a pedal.

There are 2 types of pedals,

Latching where when you switch the contact says in that position until switched again, Like an on / off switch.

Non-latching or momentary when the switch closes the contact but the contact opens again as soon as you take your foot off. Some equipment use the momentary switch as a signal to change operation. Some Boss drum machines used a momentary switching system. This pedal can also be used where the on is only when holding the pedal down like a keyboard sustain pedal.

It is either one or the other, if you can borrow a switch and try of it's wrong it's the other one.

Link

You could test using a guitar lead, if you plug into the foot switch plug on the amp then at the other end short the tip and sleeve using a piece of wire, if the effect stays in while shorted then then stopped when short removed it's latching. If the effect comes on and stays on when the short is removed, then turns off when shorted a second time then it's non-latching.

Alan.

Back