What effect does she use?

RonSoul

Hello! First time here :)
I am curious about what effect does tash sultana uses here to double her voice and her guitar (I think it's two different edffects) to make that lower bass voice?

The song is Jungle - Tash Sultana (live bedroom recording)

I should put here a link but I can't because it's my first post.

Thanks alot!

YouTube

Probably effectS. I'm sure it's separate effects for guitar and voice. Maybe a TC Helicon VoiceLive or similar for voice, and obviously a stack of pedals for guitar including a looper or two and there are several pedals that can drop your guitar an octave. Her current setup is probably out there on the web somewhere!

This was just too easy to find...... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"While Sultana is super secretive about the specifics of her signal chain, by looking at a couple of shots of her pedalboard, you can spot a whole bunch of BOSS pedals including three BOSS GE-7 Equalisers, a BOSS DD-7 Delay, a BOSS TE-2 Tera Echo, a BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah, a BOSS TR-2 Tremolo, a BOSS ST-2 Power Stack, and the classic BOSS TU-2 Chromatic Tuner. In addition to that, she also runs a Dunlop Crybaby Mini, an EHX Soul Food Overdrive, a TC Electronics Hall of Fame Reverb and a Beta Aivin OC-100 Super Octave for simulating bass lines live.

Vocal manipulation and processed harmonies also pop up throughout most of Sultana's tunes, which tend to be done with two seperate TC Helicon VoiceTone Harmony G units set up for different effect modes, which can be seen on her separate board."

Gear Rundown: Tash Sultana

There are other pedals that do that effect though like the Boss OC-3, or the EHX POG, or the Digitech whammy richochet, tc electronics sub n up.

I'm positive there are more, honestly a whammy 5 could do it as well.

For voice there are pedals that exist to do that effect that are built with XLR inputs in mind. The one that comes to mind is the TC Helicon D1. It will do octave up or down and is designed to take a mic.

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and I hope it is okay if I post my question in this Tash Sultana thread. I am looking for help regarding her home recording setup. You can see it in her bedroom sessions, for example on YouTube: Tash Sultana - Higher (sorry, I am not allowed yet to post links).

What equipment does she use for recording? I would like to do this kind of recording, too.

Many thanks for your help! :guitar:

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and I hope it is okay if I post my question in this Tash Sultana thread. I am looking for help regarding her home recording setup. You can see it in her bedroom sessions, for example on YouTube: Tash Sultana - Higher (sorry, I am not allowed yet to post links).

What equipment does she use for recording? I would like to do this kind of recording, too.

Many thanks for your help! :guitar:

Three posts above yours you can find the answer

Don;t forget the old maxim - You can buy a Strat and not sound like Mark Knopfler. I would NEVER duplicate somebodies recording setup based on what they sound like. It's too personal to work for everyone else. You could spend millions on a studio and still produce results that sound terrible - it's a human thing.

Back