What does Behringer Tube Ultragain T1953 tube warmth do to a kick sound - samples

hrn

Hi,
Time for me to contribute again. There's been some talking about the Behringer Tube Ultragain T1953 tube warmth control. I recorded a kick using different settings on it.

The mic used was a AKG D112 at about 5 cm outside the hole of the kick. A small blanket was lying inside the kick. The A/D was a Creamware A16 Ultra into a RME Hammerfall.

The input settings of the T1953 was "just blinking red". I have adjusted the levels between the takes because of the compression effect.

The sample is divided into three parts with a short period between them.

Nr 1. Tube warmth setting: 11:00 o'clock
Nr 2. 02:00
Nr 3. 04:30

Here's the link:

http://www.hig.se/~hrn/forum_samples/d112_behr.wav (4.4 Mb).

Hope it's useful for someone!

Hans,
www.hagen.nu

Last edited:
interesting results...

I have a bluetube...I route the signal through some tube sometimes to give the kick sound some more 'meat'

the behringer, to my ears, sounds as if it does the opposite!! - it takes a bit of the 'ooomph' away from the kick sound (as you dial in more, the sound gets a bit flatter)....

keep in mind that I'm listening at a very low volume through some shitty computer speakers...

are my ears insane?

pratt,
I think you're right there. There was a lot of compression coming in into the sound the more I turned the knob. Probably this is one reason for it sounding "flatter"...At the same time I think it's more meat...

Hans

Back