Upgrade From Focusrite Voice Master Pro

hottsauce_21

My VMP is startin to cut out, so i need a NEW preamp to go GOOD wit my Rode K2 mic, This is for Rap. I was Reading on the Joe Meeks, and i heard a few people say there the way to go if ur recording digital. Is that True??? Also what could i expect out of a JOE MEEK that the FOCUSRITE VMP couldn't do for my sound???

I only Record ONE mic, So would it be better to Buy a SINGLE channel preamp instead of one havin Muiltple Channles??? Im guessin Some Mix Preamps R only Expensive cuz they have 2 or 8 channels right???

Also i have a EMU 1212m, I was wonderin if i GOT the Audio Dock M to go with it, Would that be a GOOD preamp to RECORD with, Or just AIM 4 somethin SET on Making my Vocals come out like a JOE Meeks, Presonus, A-designs, Toft Audio designs, etc... Price Range $1200

Last edited:
If I were you I would DEFINITELY look into picking up the Great River ME-1NV. It is an amazing Neve-ish style preamp and typically sales for about $1075. You can't go wrong with this. I'm not saying that they're aren't other options. But, you should definitely include this choice in your search.

If you are looking for a powerful instrument and voice preamplifier may I be suggesting vmp2000e by sebatron. This has suited all my needs from jazz to hipop to rock and folk. A very warm sound to suit all requirements.

So any of these preamps are great wit hip hop vocals??? one of the things i loved about the voice master pro was the vintage harmonics. Would any of these amps have anything about them that really bring out the VOICE?

Back