Stereo Pre/mixer with SPDIF

Mip

I've got an MBox 2 on the way, and i'm hoping to find a well-priced Stereo/dual mono preamp or a mixer (with at least half-decent pres) with SPDIF outs, so I can use the MBox2's SPDIF in's along with the analogue ins.
I don't really want to name a price range, because I don't know how much anything like this would typically cost - but what i'd really like are some examples and suggestions on these products. I guess i'm probably not looking to spend more than $1000 Australian, so anywhere around US$500 I guess. Is this unrealistic?
Anyway, suggestions on products would be great.

PS. If I were to go the mixer route, I would prefer it to be a small number of channels, probably around 4 mic ins would do it.

The RNP doesn't have digital outs.

You might think about something like the Apogee Mini-Me, that's one unit that is basically what you are describing. Two preamps with converters in one small box, but I think the price would be a deal buster.

Less expensive are units like the DBX 386 with the digital option. American Music Supply and Zzounds sell the 386 with the digital option for $480.

There's also the ART Digital MPA, which would run you somewhere between $500-600 US. ART also has the DPS II, which would cost you less than the Digital MPA.

There's also the Aphex 207D (the 207 with the digital option). This is solidly in the middle of your price range. If it were up to me, on your budget this is the one I personally would go for.

http://aphex.com/207D.htm

Last edited:
Back