Signal flow/ Patchbay/ RNC's (2)

Pro Tools User

I have the Digimax light piped into the digi002. The digimax has insert channels for each of the 8 pres on it so I have a Y snake ran out of each insert of the digimax to the back of the patchbay 1-8 ins/out (bottom in/top out).

I have 2 mic pre channels on the vintech dual 72, where Im going mic into the vintech, out of the vintech into the back of the patchbay 9-10(bottom/in). Then out of the back of the patchbay (top) to inputs 5/6 of the Digi 002.

Ok now for the compressors, I have a color coded 8 channel hosa snake, so im going out the patch point 11 into the left channel of the compressor (tip) then Im running out of the compressor (ring) back to the ins (bottom) of the patchbay which should complete the flow of the signal. This path is followed for 12,13,14 on the patchbay. 11-14 on the patchbay itself are isolated so the signal flows thru with no break. (strait in and out) By isolated meaning I flipped the patch points on the patchbay.

Im under the impression tip/ring doesnt really play a part here since if I push the cables all the way in it still reads the ring/tip and uses what it needs to complete the signal.

does this seem right?? makes sense to me but something is not right I keep loosing the mic signal when I use patch cables to patch in the compressor.

Im wanting to use the compressor to only compress the signal on the way in/ before its recorded (slight, very slight compression) then I can use plugs to work with later while Im in the box.

Any Ideals why I keep loosing the signal when I try to patch the compressor to a mic channel? :confused:

Thanks
Eddie

Thanks to the people who read this and at least gave it some thought.

I finally got it working.. took a little cable yanking to figure it out but I guess on the neutrik patchbay the insert outs on the back of the patchbay cannot be pushed all the way in. I knew I had to be close, just wasnt sure where the problem was in the signal but found it.

thanks all
Eddie

Back