Seventh Circle Audio stuff

D

dintymoore

http://www.seventhcircleaudio.com/

It seems like a no-brainer (if it's true) that this stuff is the right stuff to use for mic-pre's - a Neve N72 clone pair is less than a grand, same for a Twin Servo pair, plus you can mix and match pre's.

I was wondering if anybody is using this stuff?

http://www.seventhcircleaudio.com/

It seems like a no-brainer (if it's true) that this stuff is the right stuff to use for mic-pre's - a Neve N72 clone pair is less than a grand, same for a Twin Servo pair, plus you can mix and match pre's.

I was wondering if anybody is using this stuff?

I've read up on this extensively and I did the research on it. It seems to turn up mostly good things, however, I'm still waiting to get a whole of one to give it my final assessment.

According to some of the original Neve engineers, they admit the N72 is one of the few clones that got it right in a logical way. The SCA stuff is starting to show up more in rental company inventory and so far I can't find a bad review. So I would keep an eye on it, cause they're probably on the way up.

The only issue people forget is that while those pres might not be your weak link, you'd need a flawless A/D/A system to really do the sound justice. To build a Neve just to run it through an 002 rack, or some type of M-Audio mixer (etc etc) is a severe waste of money and potential.

Right-o about the A/D conversion Lee.

I've been doing some research and can find nothing but good things being said about the SCA gear.

From what I can see it's the bargain in mic pre's... I mean, $650 (if you solder it) for one channel of Neve preamp? That's nuts.

Last edited:
Right-o about the A/D conversion Lee.

I've been doing some research and can find nothing but good things being said about the SCA gear.

From what I can see it's the bargain in mic pre's... I mean, $650 (if you solder it) for one channel of Neve preamp? That's nuts.

Hey, if you ever need a guy to solder it for half thier price....:D (points at himself)

Hey, if you ever need a guy to solder it for half thier price....:D (points at himself)

I was pretty good at soldering before you were a spermatazoa! :D

But for sure there may be others that could use some help. :)

I just wish they'd retool their modules to the 500 lunch box format, I see that DAV came out with a BG-1 lunch box model...

Me too, I guess it's their job security/copy protection campaign.
I'm not sure if the 500 form factor would require licensing fees, but I can't believe that the increase in module sales wouldn't offset the loss on chassis sales. Seems like everyone's moving in that direction...

vintech has always been that price or lower used

i got some real ones cheaper than that

vintech has always been that price or lower used...

Thanks, I didn't know about them and they seem like a good company.

I just did a completed listings search on Vintech and they had two stereo pre's sell for $1,650 and $1,475 recently. The used ones on eBay are around those prices. The Seventh Circle ones are slightly under a grand for a stereo Neve clone pre, plus you could add on Neve or Twin Servo 990 channels for under $400 each after that. Why do you say the Vintechs are cheaper?

... i got some real ones cheaper than that

Real what - Neve preamps?

I was wondering about that. I've seen the channel strips on eBay. How do you power them and does it really work out to approx $1K for two channels and that you could add additional channels for $400?

From SCO, 4 channels of Neve clone pre is under about $1800, that's $450 per channel for a Neve clone. People are paying more than that for garbage pre's.

vintech has different stuff, the list price on the dual 72 is like 1250 I think. I haven't checked the pricing on the SCA's recently but I was comparing the "already made" prices, just to be fair. I'd probably buy the SCA stuff used if I could find it, which should be a testament that people dont sell it very often.

I'm not fond of their car-dealer vibe.
Yeah... I wasn't planning on purchasing anything, but since you care enough to call, I'll buy it (whatever it is that you assure me that I absolutely need)

Don't get me wrong, I continue to do business with Sweetwater on occasion, but I agree, the "car dealer vibe" is right on.... I don't need cold calls from "my" sales rep, when he's having an off week

Yeah... I wasn't planning on purchasing anything, but since you care enough to call, I'll buy it (whatever it is that you assure me that I absolutely need)

Don't get me wrong, I continue to do business with Sweetwater on occasion, but I agree, the "car dealer vibe" is right on.... I don't need cold calls from "my" sales rep, when he's having an off week

I live in Hawaii and last week I get a phone message from some Sweetwater dweeb saying he was "just checkin' in" like we're old buds. I haven't bought from them in years but some bozo inherited my phone number. GTFO is what I tell them! :)

Back