Samson s Compressor makes noises at the end of ..

Hope some one can give me a clue on this,please..

..i´ve just bought a Samson s com from "MusicStore"-Germany.I´ m happy with it but i notice some little wierd noises at the end of it´s GATE,i´ve spent some hours with it ,no matter what i turn the knobs ,theres always little noises at the end of the decayed signal.Some one mentioned that their quite smooth on its Gate but i´m affraid thats not the case with mine.
I think they shouldnt be there in a machine thats suposed to cut noises on recordings.

Anyone of you as a unit like this,who can help me on this,so i can be sure about before i send it back,...is this a sine of something´s wrong with the unit?...

Thanks a lot on any help,...

Last edited:
what are you using it on- i know when i have tryed to use a gate on something- like cymbols- the volume of the cymbol will kinda pulse up and down as it decays- and as it does that near the thresh on the gate it starts to cut it off and on real quick- you get artifacts- any gate does that though- solution- somethings just shouldnt have a gate on em- turn it off

Thanks for posting,
yeah thats what happens with my unit,at the very end of the signal,it starts fo fade then some click noises,then a little more up,noises,lower again ,noises and in the end it shuts off really nice dead like..!!??!!:( :confused:
is this commun on Comps?
thanks,..

Its not the compressor that does it- ITS the gate- just turn the threshold on the gate to -infinity and you can still the the comp. without the gate

..Guess,i´ll spend some more time with it,learn and resume before asking anything,..thanks:cool:

Anyway, i still think that any of these clicks that goes in to the recorder is not a nice thing to have,i just wonder if this could be co´s of something wrong with the unit,but probably its just me not knowing to much about the S Com.

I've seen gates click on opening (part of an older unit's apparent design trade off -trying to be very fast) but not on closing.
I don't know if you've found a limitaion of the unit or a defect though. I take it it doesn't have a release speed control you can slow down?
Wayne

Yep, it's the gate which reacts too quick. this is common with middel-end processors. You might wanna check your release button too!

I must rewrite my words on my Samson S-Com,acctually thats a nice machine for an entry level compressor,it´s just i was using it in between my pedal board and a tube guitar amp ,and the tubes were having troubles dealing with it..now its going straight into the mixer aux-send-return,where is supose to be and i´m alright it.Spent the day around it,so far,it works very well on bass Soundfonts,lot´s of "colours" avaiable,thats nice.
oh by the way,..it wasnt 60$,..more like 160 Euros,but its worth i believe.
Xeerrs!

Back