RNP Burn In Time?

Are we supposed to feel "burnt" afterwards?:p

burn-in.... like my a-hole burns after buying $$$$ Monster cables...ahahahaaa

nevermind anything I post....thats my best advice.

I just bought a new RNP ****adeptly dodges flames**** and was wondering thoughts on burn-in times. The manufacturer recs 5 minutes but I read somewhere that a burn in of 24 hours produced even better sound. Anybody out there with an RNP and thoughts on the matter of burn-in? Mine is plugged in now but I was going to try it out yet today.

I had to look this up (after re-reading the RNP manual).

Yes it states temperature stabilization and some comment about hi-current.
I didn't read anything other than getting the electronics to become stable and some led's turn on and off.

Manual does insinuate it's better warm.

too bad this thing wasn't the same price as the RNC... i wonder if its as good as the RNC is?

Attachments

• RNP warm up.JPG
    RNP warm up.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 73
I just bought a new RNP ****adeptly dodges flames**** and was wondering thoughts on burn-in times. The manufacturer recs 5 minutes but I read somewhere that a burn in of 24 hours produced even better sound. Anybody out there with an RNP and thoughts on the matter of burn-in? Mine is plugged in now but I was going to try it out yet today.

I always thought that "burn-in" was an audiophile myth, like claims that this or that brand of overpriced cable can improve sound quality.

The only piece of audio gear I can think of that might benefit from a "burn-in" might be a new set of speakers.

How do you like the RNP? Was it worth the upgrade from whatever you were using before?

This is more of warm up than a burn in.(isn't it?) Lot of studio gear works better after it warms up. This is just saying to turn it on 5 Min before you lay anything down. I've never really started laying down tracks in less than 12 min anyway, after finding the sweet spot for the mic and a couple of run troughs:D before a take you should be good to :D

Back