rack multieffects for guitar and bass?

Wynarc

is there a good reasonably priced(cheap/used) rack effect for both guitar and bass, with/ without amp modelling?

behringer v-amp pro?

tc electronic m350

lexicon mx200......

or something else.

Plus mic pre AND interface should you so desire.

And if you don't want to use any of the amps /cabs you can just turn them off, and use the effects. Good effects too.
It's worth it just for the effects.

Plus mic pre AND interface should you so desire.

And if you don't want to use any of the amps /cabs you can just turn them off, and use the effects. Good effects too.
It's worth it just for the effects.

what effect unit are you referring to her?

ive seen a few vids and read about the avid eleven and there seems to be quite a few who are frustrated over the updates, and other stuff. licenses, that kind of thing.

anyone tried or use the line 6 pod xt pro?

what effect unit are you referring to her?

The Elevenrack. Sorry if that wasnt obvious.

I have one. No complaints here. I don't use it as an interface, although I do record with it.

As a standalone device you need no licence.

Where the licence comes in is because it comes with a light version of protools. With PT you need an iLock. Maybe thats what's throwing some people off.
Me, I already have protools and am using 2 different interfaces so I just use the Avid standalone.

Think of it as a multi effects unit with amps and cabs thrown in.

Anyway, I think its a good unit, that's why I seconded the suggestion. Plus I like that its easy to use and has knobs like a real amp.

:D

yeah, there was issues with ilock as far as i can remember. i have an interface so wont be using it for that.

I had a buddy in a cover band band turn me on to it.
He runs it (11 rack) into a stereo power amp into 2 4x12 cabs, and sometimes straight into the PA. He controls all the different sounds for wildy different songs with a midi pedal.
I'm not a techie and gadget kind of player. (guitar, cord, amp makes me happy) but the versatility and sounds of the effects impressed me. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, it has knobs. Easy as all hell to use.
One came up cheap and i figured for the price of one boutique peda, I get a bunch.

Had it now for 2 years and still happy.
Anyway, good luck on whatever you decide to get.

Theres soooo much stuff out there nowadays.

I own three Eleven racks. Two portable and one in the main studio. I have friends who swear by their Kempers but I still like the Eleven. If you don't need the PT and the converters then it's an astounding buy at the prices they go for these days. Plus there are lots of share-ware sites you can download (easily I might add) all sorts of peoples settings and share your own with if you desire. And they are stupid easy to program once you learn the protocol. And lastly, having played through a bunch of these things, Axe, Kemper, Eleven, Line 6, etcetc... The Eleven rack feels more like an amp than any of the others. Avid got the input feel completely correct.

I remember being tempted when they were 699 ! They're a heck of a deal now. I use a pair of Laney USB IRT Pulses which sound great, but don't have the flexibility of the Eleven Racks at all.

I remember being tempted when they were 699 ! They're a heck of a deal now. I use a pair of Laney USB IRT Pulses which sound great, but don't have the flexibility of the Eleven Racks at all.
Yeah, they are a great deal. Being a traditionalist, some may call me a luddite, I love the 'Amp-like' aspect of it. Despite all the versatility of it, It's totally at home being a standalone device.
There was mentioned earlier some negative videos of it, but thats a small minority. Every day in my feed, vids pop up that are showing amp settings that compare quite well with its 'real life' counterparts.

Anyway, I love amps. But love my 11rack also.

A folk singer?

:laughings:

No...not that...anything but that! :eek:

In this area, the most abundant acts are guys and gals doing acoustic folksy strum-n-sing shit.
I mean, you heard one, you heard them all.
It's that lamenting style of singing and playing that makes you want to reach for your AC/DC or Zep real fast.

Well, you named a few.... I'd throw some of the Line6 POD stuff in there, but, I don't think they have guitar/bass crossover. For bass, I just have other preamps.

Weezer toured with Line 6 POD Pro (rack version) well....his roadies probably did all the programming and wiring...

theres probably some Bass pre-sets in there too, haven't looked.

I bought one and never plugged it in, its in a box somewhere for over a year or more. Have the Behinger rack which is as good.

The Johnson pod units too, they used to get great reviews well done presets, some said were the best.

but imo, Line6 pods started all that, theres pedals now, so many now, and with plugins and no need for separate rooms w/loud amps...

the Fractal thing has been matched too with Line6 HD5 or whatever, computer chip machines with 50000 settings and Dual Amp outputs and no need for a bunch of 9v batterys.

I don't understand the OP comment "with and without modeling"?

Do you mean "amp modeling" ?

I think the Line 6 Pro has that, you can just use it as a FX box and plug into a real-amp.
from the Manual
The A.I.R. direct recording output is exclusive to Line 6. In combination with
Line 6's Amp Models, it is the key to POD's phenomenally satisfying direct
recording sound.

Attachments

• Line6Pro Pod.png
    Line6Pro Pod.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 76
Back