Rack Mounting Equipment

mastahnke

Linux Man...
Does anyone have ideas about racking things that are not made with rack ears? I know you can buy a tray or shelf, but I don't have the money to do that with my VCR and my MiniDisc recorder. I would really like to know if anyone has any other ideas...
Thanks

If you have a large rack unit you can place your non-rackable gear on top of it. You can just stack it, or you can secure it by strapping them together. If you don't have a large enough rackable unit, then you can place your non-rackable gear at the bottom of the rack.

The only way to really secure your gear is to buy a rack shelf.

Mask,

I have a Sony Minidic player MDS-JE510 it's the standard home version. I found rack ears for it made by Raxxas. $37 after shipping wasn't that bad now my minidisc is racked. Dunno bout vcr mounts but Raxxas has a ton of rack accessories.

I have made rack ears for some equipment. I just purchased some 1/8" Aluminum angle "iron", and drilled holes to match another unit that has rackmounts.
You must be careful not to damage any components inside the equipment. (Use short sheet metal screws to attach the ears.)
I then painted the ears black to match the unit, and they look great! No one can tell they are homemade.

Dom Franco

Back