power conditioner

axeman_ukl

i am right in thinking that you would use a power conditioner to supply power to everything

ie computer , soundcard , mixing desk , monitor , all rack equipment

or are there somethings that are not effected by the grounding hum

thanking anybody in advance for there help

power conditioners help if you get a proper power conditioner....

the 30-60 dollar models you find on musiciansfriend are not really more than rack-mountable power strips...like the plastic kind you find at walmart for 2.29

I have a 50 dollar Furman rackmount and after opening it up, realised it was just the power cord, split off to 8 separate outlets. I've been having noise issues with my tube amp, so I got this guy:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-Clean-Power-Stage-2-Power-Outlets?sku=182653

Well worth the money. On occassion my amp still hums (because I think someone living above or below me occaisonally runs something that just hoses the house with interference, and may also reak havoc on the house ground, if devices on separate outlets can do that!), but it definitely helped.

I've also heard very good things about this guy:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Monster-Power-MP-PRO-2500-Rack-Power-Center?sku=182650

It may very well just be a slightly-improved and rack-mounted version fo what I have, but it seems to have some good reviews on various sites. Just my two cents - if people think Monster is a rip in the power conditioning department, let me know... perhaps I'll look into some other form of power management.

i've never used the monster shit for pro-audio....but a buddy of mine picked one up for his home theater setup....

he ran the cable and power through it and it cleared it up like woah....so i guess their shit might be pretty legit

Well, any power conditioner companies you could recommend? We are all great at saying what sucks, and I suppose I am stuck with what I got, so I might as well use it, but I'd love to hear suggestions for future purchases, as Im sure the guy who started the thread would.

Back