Phaser Effect Box? Maxon PT999 Phase Tone VS Ross R70 Phase Distortion

which phase pedal sounds the best in your opinion and why?

• *Ross R70 Phase Distortion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guyatone PS3 Phase Shifter

• Vintage FX PhaseDriver

• Barber Launch Pad

• E~H The Worm

• E~H Small Stone (made in USA)

• Total voters

funksoulrubber

Does anyone have an opinion on the comparison of mainly these phase effects, Maxon PT999 Phase Tone VS Ross R70 Phase Distortion? any details about sound sweep dynamics, quality of phase, tone eating aspect or the signal eating aspect?

or any of the others in the poll ?

which one do you like the best?

thanks

I know the maxon stuff owns. Nothing to say about that, they just own. But they ain't cheap.

I own a home-brew MXR Phase 90 that sounds a-maz-ing but cannot handle hot signals (clips). If they MXR Phase 100 can handle hot signals, I'd give that one a chance aswell.

Halion said:
I know the maxon stuff owns. Nothing to say about that, they just own. But they ain't cheap.

I own a home-brew MXR Phase 90 that sounds a-maz-ing but cannot handle hot signals (clips). If they MXR Phase 100 can handle hot signals, I'd give that one a chance aswell.
can you verbaly describe the phase? what do you meen it clips does it distort? what is a hot signal in your opinion a signal after a preamp or a blues driver or a tube screamer?

these things have really interesting sounds, and looks! i think im going with the maxon, its got a usable musical phase that i find usfull for alot of my fusion compositions and jams.
thanks for everything

rock on!

Yes, the FETs in the phase 90 that actually cause the phasing distort when provided with a hot signal. The DiMarzio humbuckers in my LP copy are too hot for the pedal, but the overdrive is very smooth, and fits the phaser sound very well. No pedal before it.

The phase sounds subtle. It seems to phase mostly in the midrange, and never scoops away a whole band (like alot of other phasers do). At slow speeds, it adds animation to the sound without drawing too much attention. At high speeds, it's a wild woble, but still very much leaving the guitar signal usable. I find most effects at highs speeds waaaaaay to pronounced.

Back