Patchbay

GraphicDav

I have a normalized patchbay. I want to include a device (compressor) that I don't want connected to anything unless I patch it in. Is there a standard way to hook it up without looping or other problems. Will I need to use dummy plugs?

Do some resurch on your patch bay. There is usualy a way to convert a few normalled jacks to parallel or open maybe even half normalled. What is the I/O config on the unit you're trying to hook up?

It is a PB-32P from TASCAM. I have requested information from TASCAM. I believe it is a full normalized connection. For now I am leaving the corresponding jacks on the patchbay unused for the compressor, but eventually I will want to use those jacks.

I did have an idea though, my compressor is a dual DBX. What if I connect it so that when I'm not using it the ins feed each other and the outs feed each other. Or do you think I should just open the unit and remove the normalized connection? (I would rather leave it unaltered)

Setting up new studio. I want to put as many cable and patch cords in the walls as posible. I have made tubes out of large pvc to run the cables in the walls and left runners in the floor to hide cables.

Next I need to setup patch bays at each workstation in the walls so people can just plug-in to patch in to the main board. I also want to route the wall cables through effects units at will. I need freedom of choice and versitility.

Any suggestions??????

Back