multiband compressors

fabfour1257

i've recently read an article where they talked about multband compressors being the ideal processor for the mastering process.
can anyone out there suggest any brands or model #'s of some of the more affordable units? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

... this is kind of off the subject but not realy... but how do ya'll compare these compressors whit alot of the board compresson on the digital boards (ex. d8b, o2r, ect...) now a days?
just currious.. i havent had alot of experience with outboard compresson.
thanks... paul

Speeddemon said:
Littledog, and others, is the TC triple C any good?

It is way better than say a dbx 266XL or a Behringer Composer Pro?

Speed, the original question was about multi-band compressors, and the ones you are asking about are broad-band compressors. So it's hard to compare - since they are very different in design. Although in general, I'd say the TC Triple C was higher on the food chain of processors than the two entry-level units you mention.

I can say that my original dbx266 I had years ago was a much more useful unit than the Alesis 3630, although i guess that's not saying much.

Now, in return for my well-reasoned and thoughtful response, you owe me one. So tell me, who owns that magnificent ass in your current avatar. I've been admiring it for some time now.

Back