Mshilarious, your the only one up!

mikeeb

Whats the best RAP MIC??!
I have no luck lol. FACKK

I just got a Rosetta 800 and am trying to connect it to my Great River MP-2nv mic pre. I went from my analog IN on my Rosetta to my Analog out on the GR via xlr snake, but for some reason it is not showing the connection between the two. I am going from the Rosetta to my computer via firewire. My computer sees the Rosetta but the Rosetta does not see the GR..What is my problem!?

Last edited:
I just got a Rosetta 800 and am trying to connect it to my Great River MP-2nv mic pre. I went from my analog IN on my Rosetta to my Analog out on the GR via xlr snake, but for some reason it is not showing the connection between the two. I am going from the Rosetta to my computer via firewire. My computer sees the Rosetta but the Rosetta does not see the GR..What is my problem!?

It's simple they don't want to see each other cause their not interested in have a relationship at this time in the messed up lives.
Bring them out for a night on the town and get them drunk ..... then there may be a bit of a spark.
And who knows maybe in a while you'll hear the pitter patter of little rosettas feet running around the house.

I just love a happy ending.

:cool:

After re-reading that several times (it helps if you follow the signal path when describing how you are hooking things up. ie. you go from the out of the GR to the in on the 800, not the other way around)

Are you getting any signal lights on the rosetta?

Do you have the software set up to look at that input?

After re-reading that several times (it helps if you follow the signal path when describing how you are hooking things up. ie. you go from the out of the GR to the in on the 800, not the other way around)

Are you getting any signal lights on the rosetta?

Do you have the software set up to look at that input?

Sorry, yeah I am going from the Rosetta IN to the Gr outs. The lights on the Rosetta are not flashing or anything at all. The monitor software shows zero devices connected...I wonder if the brand new cable I bought just does not work. Wouldn't be surprised with my luck haha.

OK, this is an analog connection, the Rosetta isn't really going to know that anything is connected to it. So the only thing you will see is meter lights on the GR and Rosetta *if* you have a mic connected to the GR and something in your room is making noise in front of the mic.

I mean, that could be done, it could be triggered with a logic circuit that detected a connected impedance, but since there might not a DC termination at the output device, you've have to do an AC logic circuit which would be a very silly thing to do. But it still wouldn't say, "Hey I'm a Great River" because there is no communication protocol at work in an analog connection. It would be possible to have a RF signal riding on the audio that identified the gear, but that would also be a silly thing to do as most people don't want RF in their audio. But I digress . . .

So plug a mic into the GR, plug the GR into the Rosetta, select whatever analog input on your Rosetta mixer app that corresponds to that input, sing something, and you should be seeing a signal in the computer.

That was where I was going to go with that MSH by asking about other in/out options etc. and ultimately ending by what you have stated.

HEY .... nice new avatar! are you traveling now incognito?
Now we have a Spanish big brother mod to contend with ~ Viva la revolution!!

Sorry, yeah I am going from the Rosetta IN to the Gr outs.
No, you are going from the GR outs to the Rosetta ins. You don't go from the inputs to the outputs. You come out of the outputs of one device to the inputs of the next.

The lights on the Rosetta are not flashing or anything at all. The monitor software shows zero devices connected...I wonder if the brand new cable I bought just does not work. Wouldn't be surprised with my luck haha.
Do you have any line level device, like a keyboard, that you can plug into the rosetta to test? Take the GR out of the chain and make sure that the rosetta is working properly. If you get that to do something, then add the next thing in the chain and get that to work, and so on.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. The Rosetta is so annoying, because there really is not much to choose from as far as connections go. I cannot connect a keyboard with a TRS cable because the rosetta has no TRS port. All my connections are as you say they should be. GR Out, To Rosetta IN using XLR F to DB25 snake. Both ac units are pluged in. Sample rate on Rosetta set to 44.1. Tried all the other sample rates also. Analog to digital outs set to Analog, Output resolution set to 24 bit, Source to Analog out set to analog. Ive tried tweaking the settings to no avail. I connected my GR to my FP10 from its TRS out to the firepods TRS In, and the GR worked fine. However, when I try to connect the Rosetta it does not work. The GR meters do indicate sound going in because the mic is connected. The LEDS do not flash at all on the A/D out leds for the Rosetta though. It shows no sign of input. It is either my Apogee is broken or the DB25 cable is broken...both brand new. Is there any way to test this out without having to buy a different DB25 cable? Thanks

The guy that sold me the cable helped me fix it!!!
The snake has numbers on it that i didn't see that had to be plugged into the right channels!

The guy that sold me the cable helped me fix it!!!
The snake has numbers on it that i didn't see that had to be plugged into the right channels!

Man .... if I knew how to virtually face palm you'd get about ten in a row!!!!
WE need a face palm smiley :)
Now about that Spanish moderator ..... ¡Usted no me puede ver! Estoy como el viento.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. The Rosetta is so annoying, because there really is not much to choose from as far as connections go. I cannot connect a keyboard with a TRS cable because the rosetta has no TRS port.

You need to get a TRS-->XLR cable.

Whoa ...... deja vu for the 3rd time this week!

Now how did I know he was going to say that??

Last edited:
Lots of things I had no concept of how to use.
Maybe a boat...
I dunno, some hookers.
I don't have any experience or training running a restaurant and haven't done any research on what's involved in it, so probably one of those.

Definitely some hookers. I'd have no idea what to do with those.:D

Back