MOTU 828 MK1 (The first 1) to record drums??

TheComposer

Hi, I'm looking for a cheap interface that can get the job done, what about the MOTU 828 MK1??

Can I use it to record tracks individually??

Does it have driver issues since it's kind of old?

Can I use it as a mixer to rehearse with the band via headphones?? (Just like a mixer)

Thanks.

If you're shopping for interfaces to record drums, take a look at the Tascam US1800. It's ridiculously affordable ($250-$275 new) for something with 8 mic pres, and several people around here make some great sounding recordings with them.

I have a bias against MOTU after I had a horrible experience getting one of their interfaces to agree with Win7. But there are some people around here that use them with no issues at all. Great hardware, questionable Windows drivers...

Individual tracks? Yes.

Driver issues. No, all motu drivers are in the same installer and are updated. (I still use a mkII)

Mixer. Yes, but you're not clear about what you want. You can use the headphone and lineouts to send mixes to the band.

Ok TimOBrien and Tadpuii, let me clarify the mixer point.

I have my mixer, and there, we plug my guitar, the bass guitar, a microphone for vocals and a click track, 4 tracks, we use headphones to rehearse, no amplifiers.

So, I was wondering if I could plug all of the above into the interface and rehearse:

1.-With a laptop connected to the interface?
2.-With only the interface?

I guess the first one is possible, what about the second?

Back