Mono signal into stereo jack socket?

chamelious

www.thesunexplodes.com
I have a Samson S-control, for individual monitor mixing live. I haven't used it live yet, im wondering what will happen when i take the mono aux feed from a desk and plug it into the stereo mix in? I'm worried it'll just be played on one side, if this is the case i dont understand why they put a stereo in on there?

Samson — S-monitor

(Sorry -- Mis-post)

But as long as I'm here.... You'd need the right cables, but splitting your output and then running them to a "stereo" TRS isn't impossible...

Humm, I'm just trying to understand why theres a stereo in on there, is there any venue anywhere that provides a monitor signal on a stereo jack. Weirddd

Humm, I'm just trying to understand why theres a stereo in on there, is there any venue anywhere that provides a monitor signal on a stereo jack. Weirddd

well ..... headphones are generally stereo and in the studio they're often stereo. In fact, stereo is the norm for headphones.
So they probably just took a headphone amp and packaged it up for monitoring and just didn't think about what would be used in live venues. It is Samson after all.

Cool, just found it odd. I think i can get a little adapter which will sum a mono jack to a stereo input, so that should work. Maybe.

I think i can get a little adapter which will sum a mono jack to a stereo input, so that should work. Maybe.
that'll work and you can definitely get an adapter (or two) that'll make it work fine and it won't cost much. The biggest pain is that most of those adapters are fairly largish to be sticking out the side of that thing. Unweildy and easy to snag on something so if you have a choice between two ways of adapting it ...... go for the lower profile.

I don't see the purpose of using that thing in a live situation since you would obviously need separate power amps and monitors for each person to make it work. So why wouldn't you just run the aux sends from the mixing desk to the monitor amps to create each persons monitor mix?

I don't see the purpose of using that thing in a live situation since you would obviously need separate power amps and monitors for each person to make it work. So why wouldn't you just run the aux sends from the mixing desk to the monitor amps to create each persons monitor mix?

Because i'm using IEM's.

Back