monitor outs and inserts on the main outs

jamesl8

I have tracks recorded in my sequencer.

I bring these tracks from my AI outs into the line ins on the mixer for mixing.

I'm assuming i use the Mix-L and Mix-R outputs in the upper right of the attached photo to send out the final mixdown.

I've tried to read the schematic in the manual, but I can't tell. If I use the inserts in front of the Mix-L and Mix-R to send out and return a processed signal, does this processed signal only come back to the insert and then go directly out Mix-L & Mix-R? Or does the processed signal go back through the monitors so I can hear it before it exits the mixer?

Attachments

• EPM12Part.jpg
    EPM12Part.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 32
You don't have this mixer I assume? I read the manual and it doesn't specifically say. The monitors usually have the same signal so you can mix with them. Worse case scenario - split the main mix into 2 separate outs with Y jacks and you will get the insert going to main and monitors.

The inserts apply only to MIX-L & MIX-R, not to the monitors, which are on a separate bus. However, the insert effect will also appear in the headphone mix and on the 2-track output

You don't have this mixer I assume?
Correct. I'm in the stage of figuring out (without having a mixer to experiment on) exactly how I'm going to achieve what i want to do and then making sure the mixer will do it.
I'm pretty sure I'm clear all the way up to the final mixed signal going to my lucid ad9624.

Back