Modeled cabinet impulses??? Direct input guitar recording!

xmortumx

Well I was looking around the forum and i was looking for anyone using modeled cabinet impulses with Guitar rig 2,3, or amplitube??

I heard it sounds much better than using the cabinets from the program so my question is what are some modeled cabinet impulse plug ins??? I heard about voxengo boogex... but i tried it and it only makes the guitar sound very fuzzy and quite worse. How does modeled cabinet impulse make amplitube sound improve??

Im looking at ways of making my recordings with amplitube or guitar rig sound more like Pod xt or some other modeling program.

any help or suggestion feel free to reply.

when you loaded boogex onto your track, did you actually have any impulses loaded, or was it just the program by itself? if that was the case, then you'll definitely end up with a bunch of fizzy crap.

my suggestion would be to go to ultimatemetal.com, find the andy sneap forum, and do a couple searches for impulses over there...there's a handful of guys on there who have created hundreds of top-notch cab impulses

also, when using boogex, turn all of the knobs below the graph all the way down...remember that boogex is meant to be an amp sim as well, so you'll want to turn all that stuff off and use just the impulse feature at the end of the chain

Back