M-Audio Octane Owners.......

davidguevara80

Always Online
Hey, i have an M-Audio Octane for 3 or 4 Months and it is Ok,I never used the 1/4 Inputs on the Back, just the ones on the Front and i just get noticed that they didn't send any Output,The input signal Lights on the Channel turn on but i didn't get Output.

I am Using it as a External Pre (No Optical) thru my Motu 828 MKII The XLR Inputs send Signal.Am i Doning Something Wrong or my Octane Is Bad?? I Paid with Paypal And i have 90 days to open a Dispute.

Any Suggestions will be appreciated!

Do you have mic cables plugged in the back on those channels? I can't remember if the instrument inputs work with mics plugged in. If I get a chance I'll test it on mine tonight.

"Line inputs are half-normalled as insert ins or standalone A/D" (from product description) there might be something there...

Yep...you're right. There is something there. To the OP--I thought you were using the 1/4" instrument inputs on the front on channels one and two, but you're talking about the 1/4" inserts on the back right above the outputs, right?

So what kind of cable do you have going into those inserts?

Yep...you're right. There is something there. To the OP--I thought you were using the 1/4" instrument inputs on the front on channels one and two, but you're talking about the 1/4" inserts on the back right above the outputs, right?

So what kind of cable do you have going into those inserts?

Yes, i use my Regular 1/4" Guitar Cable (Not TRS) into the Channels 1 and 2 And works All Right but when i Plug the same Guitar Cable into the Line Inputs on the Back Panel Right Above the Outputs didn't send Audio to my MOTU But with the XLR Yes.

Yes, i use my Regular 1/4" Guitar Cable (Not TRS) into the Channels 1 and 2 And works All Right but when i Plug the same Guitar Cable into the Line Inputs on the Back Panel Right Above the Outputs didn't send Audio to my MOTU But with the XLR Yes.

Try the back with TRS cables. The insert jack uses the separate segments of a TRS plug to both send and receive audio in the same jack. I think what's happening is that the TS plug is "shorting out" that circuit by allowing the same piece of metal (where it has less segments than a TRS) to touch both the send and receive points inside your preamp.

To put it simply, try the same thing you're doing with a TRS cable. You do know that using the insert on the back completely bypasses the preamp of the octane (i.e. no gain control). It makes it into a straight A/D converter. I use it like that when I want to get a different outboard pre into my computer:

Preamp > oct. insert > out via ADAT > interface > computer

Try the back with TRS cables. The insert jack uses the separate segments of a TRS plug to both send and receive audio in the same jack. I think what's happening is that the TS plug is "shorting out" that circuit by allowing the same piece of metal (where it has less segments than a TRS) to touch both the send and receive points inside your preamp.

To put it simply, try the same thing you're doing with a TRS cable. You do know that using the insert on the back completely bypasses the preamp of the octane (i.e. no gain control). It makes it into a straight A/D converter. I use it like that when I want to get a different outboard pre into my computer:

Preamp > oct. insert > out via ADAT > interface > computer

That Make Sense.Thanks Man!I'll Try That today

Back