M-Audio Delta 1010 - LOUD noise

Superhuman

Shagaholic
Recently when I start up my pc the input channels give off this massive buzzing noise, all input meter on the Delta window go to max and the same in Cubase SX3. This never happened before - I get this noise whether I have any of the inputs connected or not. It dies down to complete silence after about 5 minutes... what the hell is this? Is something about to go on fire if left on for a long time or is this a known issue with the Delta 1010?

Recently when I start up my pc the input channels give off this massive buzzing noise, all input meter on the Delta window go to max and the same in Cubase SX3. This never happened before - I get this noise whether I have any of the inputs connected or not. It dies down to complete silence after about 5 minutes... what the hell is this? Is something about to go on fire if left on for a long time or is this a known issue with the Delta 1010?
You think you might have a feedback loop between the Computer and the Delta?? check your I/O between the two... sounds like you might be turning the input around... and around... and around... and around...

Make sure you're not routing the output of the computer back through the output of the soundcard

Don't understand why it would stop after 5 min... unless the circuit just gives up...

Have you changed any connections or the way things are routed recently?? ... If not, and this same set up has been working fine in the past,..you may need some new capacitors installed inside the breakout box... this is what happened to me and my Delta 1010

I kept chasing my tail around thinking it was a ground loop problem or something in my connections....noise coming in and out ....sometimes fine,..other times almost unbearable...

after quite a few emails back and forth with M Audio,,... we determined that it could be possibly be the caps.... I replaced about 10 of them inside the unit with high quality ones, and everything has been fine for the past year or so.

Rick

Back