Line 6 ux2

I went ahead and picked this up...it does have all six preamp models and the digital out makes use of the two digital inputs on my Akai DPS16 so I can use 10 mics now.

It has a NEVE model, API model, and An avalon. its worth checking out

darrin_h2000 said:
I went ahead and picked this up...it does have all six preamp models and the digital out makes use of the two digital inputs on my Akai DPS16 so I can use 10 mics now.

It has a NEVE model, API model, and An avalon. its worth checking out

Ah, but the real question is...do those models really sound like the real thing?

Jacob

I have to say that it does sound like those pres as much as the tones of the amps are being modeled by that company now...which is pretty good actually...Id rather have the real thing but for under $200 this is a pretty good way to go.

darrin_h2000 said:
I have to say that it does sound like those pres as much as the tones of the amps are being modeled by that company now...which is pretty good actually...Id rather have the real thing but for under $200 this is a pretty good way to go.

Fair enough...I've liked the look of it simply for the software that comes with it. It'd be fantastic for creating scratch tracks before actually tracking everything...

jacob

They sound alot like the Neve modeled pres in the threads with the mic pre comparasons...Just like I said...it does as good as a job doing mic pres as it does amp models...yes you can kinda tell that it is digital. Id imagne that the Liquid Channel is the same way...in a nutshell I think it was a great value for the money.

im very impressed witht he pres! i recored vocls with a sm57 and it sounded clear! way better then most pres for under 700 bucks thats for sure!

Back