Lexicon mpx100 woes and question

mixmkr

we don't need rest!!
my church's mpx100 bit the dust....like the week after it went out of warrenty, and maybe had 5 hours of use on it, because we never used it, except for when we first got it. All the lights on the thing stay on....every light.....and no sound output. Any ideas before I offer the thing up on Ebay for $25 (if I can get it) and throw the spare change in the collection plate?

Have you checked your cable hook-ups? Do you have the Lex
rigged for internal processing rather than external? Have you tried to re-configure the wiring to see if any signal passes thru the Lex? How do you have your Lex hooked up?

Most ROM based stuff like that will have a reset or restore function where you turn off the unit, hold in certain buttons, and turn the unti on while holding in the buttons. I've had stuff that took like 3 people to do it. RTFM, it should tell ya.

Hi, realize this is old, but I wanted to reply. I think I have solved the same problem. I have been reading of the same problem around the net.

I had an idea!
I wanted to send the factory default sysex file to the mpx100 to see if it would help reset it to factory default. I use a program called MIDI-OX to manage system exclusive data. I hoped to find/download the factory default data and input to mpx100. Ended trying the Hard MIDI Reset within the pc program. At this point all the LED lights went out. It acted in a more normal manner. I.E. Moved adjust and the Edit led would light. But, disconnected the power, then re-applied the power and all LEDs came back On. So, hard reset again to get rid of their On status. Then adjusted and saved a few different effects to check it was a bit normal. Then unplugged unit. Turned On unit holding the Store button. When Store AND Tap are both flashing, pressed Store again and wait. This was the final process to get it back to factory settings. Don't know if you've still got you MPX, but I wanted to get the answer out there! Mines working great.

Hi, realize this is old, but I wanted to reply. I think I have solved the same problem. I have been reading of the same problem around the net.

I had an idea!
I wanted to send the factory default sysex file to the mpx100 to see if it would help reset it to factory default. I use a program called MIDI-OX to manage system exclusive data. I hoped to find/download the factory default data and input to mpx100. Ended trying the Hard MIDI Reset within the pc program. At this point all the LED lights went out. It acted in a more normal manner. I.E. Moved adjust and the Edit led would light. But, disconnected the power, then re-applied the power and all LEDs came back On. So, hard reset again to get rid of their On status. Then adjusted and saved a few different effects to check it was a bit normal. Then unplugged unit. Turned On unit holding the Store button. When Store AND Tap are both flashing, pressed Store again and wait. This was the final process to get it back to factory settings. Don't know if you've still got you MPX, but I wanted to get the answer out there! Mines working great.
Hi,
How do I connect the Lexicon up to my PC? Via the S/PDIF Digital Output?

If I recall correctly, you would hook it up via the midi cables to do a sysex dump.

This thread was started 20 years ago, resurrected a year ago... It should be allowed to die. Start a new thread if you are having trouble.

If I recall correctly, you would hook it up via the midi cables to do a sysex dump.

This thread was started 20 years ago, resurrected a year ago... It should be allowed to die. Start a new thread if you are having trouble.
I thought it the best way to connect with the person, Weaveand as he had found an answer and replied in October 2020 and managed to cure exactly the same issue I have with the MPX-100. Not sure 'allowed to die' fits in within my mode but each to their own.
Thanks for info on midi cable and 'sysex dump' though as an old school guitarist it is out of my knowledge base, heh... but I'll see if I can get any further information on the actual 'dummy guide' to how to wire to the Lexicon up to a PC and what cables required and the procedure. I'll make a new post if Weaveand does not reply. Cheers

Last edited:
Back then, before everything had usb ports, you would do software and firmware updates through midi. You will need a midi interface for the computer and midi cables.

You will need to find the manual because every piece of equipment has a slightly different procedure to do it.

Hi, I have a problem that looks similar.
My unit's Clip L led is always lit, and outputs are silent.
I don't see the "Hard Midi Reset" in Midi-ox, nor do I find any info about it online.
Anyone has a clue how to do this reset / fix this problem ?
Thanks,
Eum, necro-poster willing to revive an FX unit.

EDIT: I've checked in the MPX series Midi Implementation manual*, and there seems to be no info on any reset...
*https://www.manualslib.com/manual/382540/Lexicon-Mpx.html?page=7#manual

Back