Lexicon Alex vs. Lexicon LXP1

diogo

hi everyone,

im havin humungous trouble deciding between these two...im gettin one of these for its reverbs mainly, not other fx...and i want the best sounding one, as in terms of prices, they go pretty much aside these days...what do you guys think?

i know that in theory, the LXP1 is gonna sound better (right?)...but if i can get some personal experience...all the better...

in case one really stands out...is it really a huuuge difference? i mean in terms of sense of space, etc...reverb realism..

many thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Having owned both, I would go for the LXP-1. The alex offers a little more flexibility, but I think the LXP has a more natural sound. I believe you can use midi applications to do more extensive editing of the presets on it, or you can llok for an MRC remote which are pretty inexpensive nowadays to add more flexibility to the LXP-1's:)

many thanks xstatic..

i had the feeling that the nice half rack lxp1 was the way to go...but i was hoping the difference wouldnt be dismal...my trouble here is that the alex is chump change compared to the price that the lxp1 is going by these days :/ and as everyone, im on a tight budget :/

LXP-1's are going for anywhere between $100 to over $200 on eBay. Unless you have some sort of very special deal, why don't you go for the new Lexicon MX200? It's a dual fx unit, so you basically get two fx boxes for the price of one. I don't see the advantage of getting an LXP-1 unless it is super cheap. If it is anywhere near (like within $100) of an MX200 or TC M300, I think you'd be better off with one of those. I've used an LXP-1, and while it is okay, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one. Just my opinion.

Albert...

many tanx...i guess im caught up in the hype and looks of this (im sure) fine unit..the lxp1. i would love to own one i admit...but for the price they're going these days, i dunno..

the mx200..im really thinking about it, but in europe the price is way higher than the 199bucks everyone's paying for it in the US..more like 250 bucks, and add 25 for shipping costs...not so cool of a price anymore :(

im gonna have to go with the alex then :/

(or the mx200 :D - lotsa savin up ahead)

dang.

Last edited:
Albert,

can u tell me anything about the alex? it would be cool to know what ill be missin if i pass it up (or not)...

tanx

gonna get the alex as a guitar signal chain verb and use it as an all purpose till i can aford the mx200...

thats it! :D

i got the alex, and i like it, its a super simple unit, very easy to use,
and the reverbs are usable too :)
i bought it for less than $100 and i'm not selling it yet,
its great to put on headphone mixes, and yeah, i put it in a guitar chain before with OK results,
its not a killer machine, but its nice, so much better than a few other boxes i used...

hey earman,

i sent u a couple of pm's.

im gonna use it all around with the tascam 488MKII i just got while savin up for a MX200..

i figure this will beat any digital verb box, and at 16 bit (right?) its gonna be as lofi as it gets :D

i dont like to hear 24 bit verbs on electric guitar chains..dunno why..maybe for a final mix or something...but for live, long live crappy (but usable) verb..

Back