Is a Klark Teknik DN410 worth selling my soul for?

It's an El-Op... Not what you'd want on the 2-buss. I used to use one as a parallel unit -- Sounded very LA-2A-ish (which worked for the extreme settings I was using as a mono parallel), but generally, you're still going to get a lot more mileage out of plugs.

If you really have to get an outboard compressor on your main buss, there are some ridiculously cheap (some well under $1k) SSL clones out there. Granted, it's not often that you're going to wind up with a mix that's 'asking' for that, but at least it's worth having on the buss. But get something that's at least going to generally do more good than harm.

And again - I'm not trying to discourage. I'm an analog nut (it's well-known I'm sure). I just don't want you to have a "WTF was I thinking?!?" moment right after the return policy expires. I've gone through a LOT of gear to find what works well (at least, for me) and I'd give anything to get all that wasted time, money and effort back.

And again - I'm not trying to discourage. I'm an analog nut (it's well-known I'm sure). I just don't want you to have a "WTF was I thinking?!?" moment right after the return policy expires. I've gone through a LOT of gear to find what works well (at least, for me) and I'd give anything to get all that wasted time, money and effort back.

I'm getting all this stuff on Ebay. If I don't like it, I'll put it back on Ebay. ;)

On that note, what Ebay bargains should I be looking for? Something that would complement a ca. 1986 Symetrix eq....

Back