Just bought FMR RNP for a Rode NT2A - good choice?

OK so when they arrive plug em in and see if you like the combo,
Just out of curiosity if you get a bunch of replies saying that some random people on the intenet don't think it's a good combo, would you cancel the order or send the gear back without trying it?
To me it just seems like kind of a strange question to ask. and truly since it your sax and your voice in your recording space set up how you want to set up the mic to, honestly no one can really tell you if it will sound good or not. Try it and see!

I just bought a FMR RNP pre-amp and a Rode NT2A. Is this good pre? Is this a good combo? Is the DMP3 better?

The DMP3 is definitely NOT better then a RNP. There's a reason the RNP costs three times as much, though only you can determine if it's three times better.

If I may ask, why did you need an external pre?

The DMP3 is definitely NOT better then a RNP. There's a reason the RNP costs three times as much, though only you can determine if it's three times better.

If I may ask, why did you need an external pre?

I have always been under the impression you can get better sound quality with an external pre-amp. I just got the Apogee Duet and have been playing with that. It seems to have good pre-amps but they sound a bit too 'clean,' maybe brittle - but that could be related to the mic I'm using too, an AKG C2000B. I have been doing some recordings (alto saxophone) with that and a Art MP Studio Projects pre with nice results. When the Rode and the FMR RNP arrives I hope to have even better results, but we'll see. Maybe I'll prefer the tube warmth of the Art MP pre.

It should be a good combo but it will be the space that your recording in that will factor into the equation as well.

Back