hooking up tascam recorder to mackie mixer

mrpopup

sort of new to mixers. how do you hook up a hard-disk recorder (tascam dp-01fx) to a mackie mixer (dfx-12). thank you very much.

If you want to use it to provide extra inputs hook it up the left and right main outputs to the stereo inputs on the back of the unit.

If you want to use it for mixdown, things get a bit trickier since the Tascam has no way to access individual tracks,

Post again and be more specific if this hasn't answered your question.

hooking up tascam recorder to mixer

thank you for your response. my problem is this: how do i hook up a channel (say channel one) to the recorder. if i record 4 tracks individually, what is the proper set-up between mixer and recorder? what about mix-down? you alluded to a "stickier" problem. what IS the problem?

thanks again for responding. i don't even think i need a stand alone mixer for what i do.

i don't even think i need a stand alone mixer for what i do.
You don't... the tascam is a stand alone by itself... It has only 2 inputs, and two outputs... which means that you can bring tracks in two at a time and and mix up to eight (I think, without looking again) but can only send out two channels at a time... Usually this would be your final mixdown out of the tascam mixer... It's really not designed to be used as a hard drive recorder interfacing with an outboard mixer... You'd really need a recorder with direct ins on multiple channels...

I'd mix right in the Tascam for now... or if you've already got the mackie, and prefer the pres... you can send one channel through the mackie strip to the line in on the Tascam... and stack your tracks in that manner...

Back