Headphone amplifier

wheelema

Boner-obo
Does anyone have any input on who makes decent headphone amps. Prefer three inputs, to four or more outputs, but any input is appreciated.

Crate has a 5 output that will accept mono or stereo input for about $40. Rolls has a 4 output stereo input for around $40.

There are more expensive units - but I didn't know what you wanted to spend. I only use phones to track, so I'm not real anal about using the biggest and best.

Davisound offers a "Pro-Studio quality" Headphone amp...

Four isolated dedicated amplifiers for driving up to 4 sets of phones from one stereo input.

Can link multiple units together with cascade connections..

Seperate active gain volume controls for EACH amplifier...

$550 (Handmade, and Im pretty sure it's in a beautiful wooden box, but might be wrong on that...)

Anyways... You said Decent, and you didn't mention price range and you want to drive multiple sets of phones, so I think this would be the best for that....

www.davisound.com

Check them out.....

BG

I have two headphone amps, a Rolls RA62 and the Furman HDS-6 with two of the HR-6 mixers.

I like the Furman distribution system as it allows the users to blend up to 4 submixes with the main mix. For the price, it is well worth the investment if you are recording groups.

The Rolls is a basic 6 channel headphone amp. No bells or whistles, but it is pretty transparent.

Back