Good low budget monitors

Oh, another thing

next time, please post your monitor-related questions in either:
-Other equipment and reviews
-Mixing and mastering.

Monitors have very little to do with "The Rack", so it's likely that people who HAVE answers for you, won't find you here, as they are checking monitor-related questions in those 2 mentioned forums. IMHO.

cheerz

Im using a set of sansui speakers from a top of the line (in 1983) stereo. I compared them with a freind of mines high priced roland monitors and they are just as flat and accurate...it really surprized me. they also have a built in circut breaker so they won't blow.
i also have a set of the cheap foxtex monitors. They suck soooo bad...when i was using them some really bad mixes sounded good on my studio system and embarrased me on other systems. Now, with the sansui's when a mix sounds good on my studio rig...it sounds good on any system (but its alot harder to get it sounding good on the sansui's...they tell the truth and are very unforgiving).

i was gonna give those speakers away a while back. That would have been a several hundred dollar mistake.

jimistone said:
they also have a built in circut breaker so they won't blow.
Don't get too comfortable -- a quick, spiky transient can blow them faster than a circuit breaker has time to react............

Also, there's really no such thing as "flat and accurate" when it comes to monitors - they ALL have their own coloration. It's about finding a pair that suits you and that you can work with easily.....

Bruce

Back