Getting new gear, need help

Austinjamz

Hey there, so in a few months I will fortunately be coming Into some good money that I plan on getting a bunch of new gear with. And I was checking out interfaces and came across the digidesign 003. Now I know there is a rack mount and a mixer version of this. And I have found out the mixer version will take a lot of focus out of using your computer and more on the physical controls on the board(wich I definitely prefer). With this in mind I was wondering if I were to get this would I need to purchase a presonus studio channel like I had planned to? The studio channel has a pre amp/compressor/ and paramatic EQ all In one. And I'm just wondering if the 003 will have any or all of that stuff. Thank you so much for any info you guys can contribute!

First time posting btw!

Sounds good...
thats always a preference, to do it in the pc or use outboard, or both/hybrid.

do you have to have more outboard gear than just the mixer? no....not unless you want it.

workflow preference, channel strips are supposedly like taking one strip/channel from a hi end board. (not always the case in reality).

what are you going to be recording? solo tracks overdubbed, or bands, or folk acoustic stuff? heavy metal with slipknot drumsets?

Back