Focusrite Voicemaster Pro!

P Stew

Looking to buy a Focusrite Voicemaster Pro and run it through my M Box 2 so i can still run Pro Tools. Will i need any extra cables that wont come with it for this to work?

I also have a Shure KSM 27. By getting the Focusrite Voicemaster Pro will that help my quality? I heard the M Box 2 Pre's arnt that good. I record hip hop and rnb. Need advice asap. Trying to make my purchase today. Thanks

help your quality?

Youll have better sounding pres and a lot of effect capabilities for vocals. I think your better off just buying another focusright pre not the voicemaster I dont know much about it but I dont like already that its just focused towards vocals

There are much better pres for less money but if thats what you want (ha ha) TRS cables will do or if the thing has digi, use that.

if there are much better pre's...then name them. help me out. either below or around that price range. I only need a pre for vocals and only one mic

Tampa, Brick, Safe Sound is really nice (pre is good the comp is nice and the limiiter supreme while the unit as a whole provides a very good reprsentation of what you put in it.
That Focusrite's pre is fine but the rest of the stuff on that strip just adds noise and color til you can't distinguish the track you put in there

Any set of jumper cables will work fine, if you take this advice as well as all the other advice, you wiill do well

I used to own a Focusrite Trakmaster pro and didn't like it too much. I now have a DMP3 and Tampa and I prefer both of these!

would i be better off upgrading my mic to like an AT 4060 instead of getting the Voicemaster Pro?

What is your recording environment like? Decent Acoustic treatment or something like the Real Traps recording booth would make the most difference!

I really happy with the hardware I have. I have a reasonable assortment of mics (am still looking to get a dynamic) and my DMP3 pre is very clean and uncoloured. The Tampa is more coloured than the DMP3 and I can dial in different tones.
What I'm saying is I chose not too spend serious money on one piece of gear but went for decent budget alternatives which allowed me to get more pieces of gear that cover different situations/tones!
I've not tried the AT4060 so I can't comment on it but I know a lot of engineers who love it. I'm also not saying that it isn't better than my mics. It costs 15 times the price of my MXL V67g for a reason! I chose to save money by buying some different flavoured mics that all have their strengths and weaknesses at different things!
I'm not looking to upgrade my gear until either I've really mastered what I own or something significantly better comes along for around the same price as what I have!

I got a vocal booth with Auralex Foam covered inside.

I may stick with getting the Focusrite Voicemaster Pro...or the AT 4060...i want to make my decision today

Back