distortion pedal?

Not a one of the three are bad pre se.. for what they do. But they are each radically different from each other.what do you want it to do? The Danny is set up to mimic the vintade sound, so it has a semi muffled warm distortion. A range of soft fuzz. where as the Boss SD2 will make ears bleed. Duel channel screamin machine. This one is a killer rocker. It has an extra jack for a second footswitch. The DS-1.. no big deal. plain simple distortion. your amp probably cooks better. but it is distortion. again, what do you want it to do? What are you looking to spend for that matter. Danos go for about 70 clams, the DS1 is under 50, and the D2 is close to 100. Check out the Marshall jackhammer if you want to play in that price range. Or for that matter I have never met an Ibanez petal (made out of metal not plastic) that I have not loved.

I would go the Fab Tone over any of DS product. These pedals rock.
If you have ever heard of a band called Grinspoon, then you will have heard what it sounds like.
I find the DS1 has crappy bottom end. DS are just like grunge distortion.
If you want a BOSS product go HyperFuzz of HyperMetal.
Or get a Big Muff Pi by Sovtek / Electro-Harmonix - hard bottom end wall..

Cheers,
Chris

Some times when you just want to jam or when you play live, it's much better to have a pedal (BOSS tube screamer).

HAWLK

Back