direct out to soundcard : Pod XT > mixer > hard effects in bus > soundcard

shawn gibson

Just wanna make sure I can still utilize Pod XT's direct out this way:

Going to be going Pod XT to soundcard directly for a while, but when I can lay my hands on an Evintide H3000 used for the right price, I wanna put that in the loop, and just use the amps/cabs of the Pod. I can't mic in my apartment, so will buying a mixer and running the pod into the mixer and the effects unit into the bus and the whole thing into the soundcard from there keep me up with the direct out technology of the Pod?

Shawn

Dude, that question made a little sense...very little.

If you mean is it still recording direct, yes is the answer.
Direct doesn't mean you can't process in any way you want. It just means it is not an amp in a room with a mic...hell if you want you can be a 'direct' purist and plug the guitar into the sound cards mic in.

Ya, sorry about that, I had a difficult time trying to say what I wanted. Someone else told me I could do what I'm hoping, which is (reworded hopefully more clearly):

Since I can't mic an amp, I want a great 'direct out' signal, which the Pod XT is known for, and I just wanted to know if putting the Pod through a mixer and adding hardware effects (like the Eventide H3000) into the mixer's channels, then going out of the mixer into the soundcard, is going to retain the direct-out qualities in the Pod, or if it would suddenly start sounding like any line-out type ouput and therefore not as good as the Pod's abilities for a great direct out sound.

Hope that makes a little more sense.

I think the question was answered as, YES, it should still sound fine...

Thanks very much,
Shawn:)

Back